WDIV News 6.6 / 13 SHR

WXYZ News 4.9 / 10 SHR

WJBK News 3.3 / 7 SHR

WDIV November Saturday Night Live 6.2 / 15 SHR

https://www.clickondetroit.com/station/ ... ber-sweeps

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Denver, KUSA swept everything, but was down double-digits (along with every other station). KDVR is #2 in many timeslots.

http://theknow.denverpost.com/2017/11/28/denver-tv-stations-sweeps-2017/168058/

In Hampton Roads, I am assuming WAVY is #1 overall. WTKR says they won at noon and 4, and #2 at 6am and 5pm. WGNT #1 at 7pm.

http://wtkr.com/2017/11/27/news-3-increases-ratings-in-every-newscast-from-6-a-m-to-11-p-m/

In Jacksonville, WJXT swept everything.

https://www.myjaxchamber.com/news/2017/11/27/member-news/wjxt-tv4-the-local-station-wins-in-november-ratings/

In Greenville/Spartanburg/Asheville, WYFF says they dominated everything.

http://www.wyff4.com/article/wyff-4-is-dominant-1-local-news-leader/13881424

You brought up amazing points. All of this really good to point. Paul deserves that Chief job, Amanda and Guivir have become recognizable, the 9:00 pm news really does help for WGCL as terms of its image and not doing social media-esque news like WXIA and The Morning Rush and the so ill-fated The Late Feed has really helped WGCL.

Prediction: By the end of this year, they become third in the ratings overall and by next year, beats WXIA in all timeslots.

Prediction: Fire Ben Swann and keep Tracye Hutchins. Sharon Reed is a toss up for me. Fred Kalil is a legend there so obviously, he stays there.

There you go. And then maybe, just maybe, it will beat WAGA and become second in some timeslots. I didn't mean to go off-topic with this.

But...they say nothing lasts forever; WGCL could be back in fourth place in February. The reasons? Super Bowl LII and the Winter Olympics on WXIA.

For now, I would assume that in 18-49s, The Big Bang Theory at the 7:00 hour is beating Wheel of Fortune/Jeopardy! on WXIA, Dish Nation/TMZ on WAGA, and (unless they say otherwise) Family Feud on WUPA.

You brought up amazing points. All of this really good to point. Paul deserves that Chief job, Amanda and Guivir have become recognizable, the 9:00 pm news really does help for WGCL as terms of its image and not doing social media-esque news like WXIA and The Morning Rush and the so ill-fated The Late Feed has really helped WGCL.

Prediction: By the end of this year, they become third in the ratings overall and by next year, beats WXIA in all timeslots.

Prediction: Fire Ben Swann and keep Tracye Hutchins. Sharon Reed is a toss up for me. Fred Kalil is a legend there so obviously, he stays there.

There you go. And then maybe, just maybe, it will beat WAGA and become second in some timeslots. I didn't mean to go off-topic with this.

I wouldn't jump the gun just yet. WXIA news has hit the gutter, and I'm happy for CBS46 making money moves, but Swann I try to give him a chance, but he has to go when his contract is done. I say get John Bachman from the Cox combo in Jacksonville who worked at WSB-TV. I would like to see Karyn Greer & Tracy Hutchins do the 4pm and Sharon/ John (whomever) at 5,6,9,11pm and having Fred Kalil and Paul Ossmann doing the evening weather/sports are great part of an Atlanta tradition.

But...they say nothing lasts forever; WGCL could be back in fourth place in February. The reasons? Super Bowl LII and the Winter Olympics on WXIA.

For now, I would assume that in 18-49s, The Big Bang Theory at the 7:00 hour is beating Wheel of Fortune/Jeopardy! on WXIA, Dish Nation/TMZ on WAGA, and (unless they say otherwise) Family Feud on WUPA.

Wait one minute. From Atlanta Daybook has WSB-TV press release, but not numbers.

https://atlanta.daybooknetwork.com/story/2017-11-06/54090-number-one-station-atlanta/

I wouldn't jump the gun just yet. WXIA news has hit the gutter, and I'm happy for CBS46 making money moves, but Swann I try to give him a chance, but he has to go when his contract is done. I say get John Bachman from the Cox combo in Jacksonville who worked at WSB-TV. I would like to see Karyn Greer & Tracy Hutchins do the 4pm and Sharon/ John (whomever) at 5,6,9,11pm and having Fred Kalil and Paul Ossmann doing the evening weather/sports are great part of an Atlanta tradition.

Wait one minute. From Atlanta Daybook has WSB-TV press release, but not numbers.

https://atlanta.daybooknetwork.com/story/2017-11-06/54090-number-one-station-atlanta/

Not to go too off-topic, but I see Karyn and Tracy also anchoring at 9:00 p.m. so that Sharon and John (or whomever) just does 5:00, 6:00 and 11:00 p.m.

I'm still wondering why WGCL hasn't tried to get Lisa Rayam on air.

Isn't she working for WPBA/PBS station doing work for them? Just a thought-

she does work for GPB covering the legislature when it is in session. But once the legislature is out of session (it only lasts for about 3/4 months in Georgia) GPB doesn't really do news coverage.

Except that these are from October, and that the figures are always 25-54.

In 18-49s, I would say it was a toss-up between WXIA and WGCL in primetime; the 9:00 news and Inside Edition now on WPCH are slowly luring younger viewers away from WSB and WAGA.

And John Bachman coming back to Atlanta and WGCL? He isn't beating the ten-ton gorilla that is WJXT in Jacksonville anyway, so why not?

By the way...except for The Mayor (gotta have my Lea Michele fix) and Dancing With The Stars, I don't give a crap about ABC primetime on WSB being dominant in Atlanta anyway.

Big change in New Orleans

http://www.nola.com/tv/index.ssf/2017/12/new_orleans_tv_news_ratings_ra.html#incart_river_mobile_index

• 4:30- 7 a.m. : WWL, 3.8; WDSU, 3.2; WVUE, 2.8; WGNO, 0.5
  • 7-9 a.m. : WVUE, 4.9; WDSU (network), 4.4, WWL (network), 2.9, WUPL, 2.0; WGNO (network), 1.0
  • 11-11:30 a.m. : WGNO, 2.0
  • noon-1 p.m. : WWL, 8.9*; WVUE, 3.7
    4-5 p.m. : WDSU, 5.5; WVUE, 4.7
  • 5-6 p.m. : WDSU 7.4**; WWL, 6.9**; WVUE, 6.5; WGNO, 1.2**
  • 6-6:30 p.m. : WDSU, 7.5; WWL, 7.1; WGNO, 0.9
  • 6:30-7 p.m. : WUPL, 0.6
  • 9-10 p.m. : WVUE, 6.4
  • 10-10:30 p.m. : WVUE, 7.9; WWL, 6.8; WDSU, 6.3; WGNO, 1.0

* - 12-12:30 ** - 5-5:30

In roughly three years, TEGNA has turned one of the crown jewels in local television news from sugar to shit. I'm flabbergasted.

In roughly three years, TEGNA has turned one of the crown jewels in local television news from sugar to shit. I'm flabbergasted.

Bill Elder, Phil Johnson, Jim Metcalf, Nash Roberts, Don Westbrook, and Frank Davis would all be rolling in their graves at today’s WWL.

What about Raleigh-Durham? My guess is WRAL is still tops and WNCN beat WTVD for #2.

As for Minneapolis-St. Paul...KARE (if they’re immune to TEGNAitis or not) over WCCO and KSTP, I hope.

Bill Elder, Phil Johnson, Jim Metcalf, Nash Roberts, Don Westbrook, and Frank Davis would all be rolling in their graves at today’s WWL.

What about Raleigh-Durham? My guess is WRAL is still tops and WNCN beat WTVD for #2.

As for Minneapolis-St. Paul...KARE (if they’re immune to TEGNAitis or not) over WCCO and KSTP, I hope.

I laugh that WNCN beat WTVD...Yeah ok...

As for MSP...I'm sure it the usual CCO, KARE, KSTP v. KMSP fight for #3

PelicanGuy, you're not mincing words, and for once, I don't blame you. I knew something bad would happen to WWL once the Gannett-Belo merger took effect in 2013. I did not think things would come to where they are now.

WTVD has always been a very solid runner-up if memory serves, and WNCN is a distant #3. KARE hasn't been dominant in a while now, and WCCO is usually #1.

But 40 years ago, and as evidenced by their ads in Broadcasting [& Cable], KSTP was #1 themselves (with the late Dave Moore and company on WCCO runner-up); their newscasts even beat out all the primetime network shows! So unless if I’m wrong, WCCO is the only CBS O&O that’s been #1 in their market.

But 40 years ago, and as evidenced by their ads in Broadcasting [& Cable], KSTP was #1 themselves (with the late Dave Moore and company on WCCO runner-up); their newscasts even beat out all the primetime network shows! So unless if I’m wrong, WCCO is the only CBS O&O that’s been #1 in their market.

KDKA is usually #1 in the Pittsburgh market as well. However, they're not as dominant as they were in the pre-O&O days.

WJW is once again number one in all of its time slots in Cleveland including New Day Cleveland (its 10am show). I have a feeling WKYC took the crown for 11pm. Does anyone in CLE have a breakdown of how each station did in sweeps?

WJXT continues to be dominant in Jacksonville. #1 in the morning, #1 at 5:00 and 6:00 (probably #1 at 6:30 p.m. too) and #1 at night (just the 10:00 p.m. is needed to beat the other 10:00 and 11:00 p.m. competitors).

https://www.news4jax.com/station/viewers-again-make-news4jaxdominant-1-source-for-news

PelicanGuy, you're not mincing words, and for once, I don't blame you. I knew something bad would happen to WWL once the Gannett-Belo merger took effect in 2013. I did not think things would come to where they are now.

Total agreement there. They are HARD to watch these days.

WJXT continues to be dominant in Jacksonville. #1 in the morning, #1 at 5:00 and 6:00 (probably #1 at 6:30 p.m. too) and #1 at night (just the 10:00 p.m. is needed to beat the other 10:00 and 11:00 p.m. competitors).

That's a well-run organization there.

Here in Richmond: Move over, NBC 12 (WWBT)! There's a new most-watched news station in town. The South's First Television Station, WTVR (CBS 6) is #1 morning to night for the first time in over 30 years! Eight out of nine newscasts (Mon.-Fri.) in total viewers according to Nielsen.

http://wtvr.com/2017/12/19/wtvr-cbs-6-is-1-morning-to-night-for-first-time-in-30-years-1/

http://www.tribunemedia.com/wtvr-cbs-6-is-central-virginias-most-watched-news-station/

Archived