KNBC in the newsroom

FiveNews

Can anyone give background on why KNBC is anchoring from the newsroom? Set seems fairly new to be doing upgrades. I was working from home today when I caught the 11am show in the newsroom, just thought it was for that particular show. Watching again at 5pm and Chuck and Carolyn are in the newsroom again.

Can anyone give background on why KNBC is anchoring from the newsroom? Set seems fairly new to be doing upgrades. I was working from home today when I caught the 11am show in the newsroom, just thought it was for that particular show. Watching again at 5pm and Chuck and Carolyn are in the newsroom again.

The set can go for a small refresh, nothing major. If I’m not mistaken they have that set since 2014????

Whit said they were doing updates and were going to be out a few days. Given the time frame I expect it to be not a dramatic facelift. If I were a betting man I'd said they are working on or replacing the monitor wall. One of the panels was dead for a day - not sure if it was the panel or server. If you follow their Instagram stories you could see weather and traffic were coming from the studio and the monitors on the other side were showing active graphics.

[MEDIA=twitter]935175561218945024[/MEDIA]

Your right I just saw the clip on Instagram. Thankful they went the WBTS route and not the WNBC route with the fake window frames.

This wall looks significantly bigger than the old one - looks like they went out further from the “footprint” (the entire silver structure that included the frames). Wonder how the opening shot will look will the video wall fill the entire frame or will it be pulled back enough to show the animated LED tiles behind the frosted glass.

I imagine they removed the salvageable monitors for other uses but would they leave the frame and support structure in place? Based on how the wall “stands out” it appears the video wall has its own support structure.

Your right I just saw the clip on Instagram. Thankful they went the WBTS route and not the WNBC route with the fake window frames.

This wall looks significantly bigger than the old one - looks like they went out further from the “footprint” (the entire silver structure that included the frames). Wonder how the opening shot will look will the video wall fill the entire frame or will it be pulled back enough to show the animated LED tiles behind the frosted glass.

I imagine they removed the salvageable monitors for other uses but would they leave the frame and support structure in place? Based on how the wall “stands out” it appears the video wall has its own support structure.

It actually seems like they’re slowly removing the wood and going with a Chrystal theme. I’m strongly sticking with my belief that they’re building a new set.

Might want to add that KVEA is coming from the newsroom tonight as well. Anyone know the distance between the two flash cams. I’m thinking they can’t be that far from the KNBC camera (mirrored shot of the ticker).

[MEDIA=instagram]BcTStcjF0rn[/MEDIA]

Realize this is three posts in a row but I am on an iPad and editing can be very difficult and time consuming. So if someone wants to merge my posts feel free.

KVEA / Telemundo 52 Sports Anchor Alejandro Navarro published this photo on his Instagram story. It show his usual sports desk surrounded by equipment and the ticker around the studio is in calibration mode of sorts.

37E4197D-5DE8-422B-8818-0D745987C381.thumb.jpeg.2abb67d8fdde82d6c502d682d779ae66.jpeg

I Instagram messaged Alejandro on well Instagram stories and they said a 4K video walls being installed. Now hope they have good 4K cameras and graphics engines as inputs. The 4K "webcam" KNSD uses leave a lot to be desired. Most or their main backgrounds appear to be real cameras while some of the weather ones are the webcam types overlooking The Queen Mary in Long Beach.

Archived