Telemundo Washington Set @ WRC/ NBC Washington

rkolsen

• 2 weeks later...
Did this take the place of the old MSNBC studio at WRC? I could have sworn I’ve seen that set still in place recently. Also has NBC Washington officially taken over Telemundo yet?

The old msnbc set is used by Hugh Hewitt.

Weeters said in the shoutbox this was basically built in an old closet/prop room.

I hope Comcast straightens the signal issue up here in Baltimore. On the TV we currently get a 4:3 feed that’s centercut (maybe they can letter box it). On their Stream app we get a 16:9 SD picture. I wish they’d upgrade it and Univision to HD (they already carry two PBS stations from DC in HD why not the Spanish nets?). I also am curious as to if they’ll carry Telexitos as well.

Did this take the place of the old MSNBC studio at WRC? I could have sworn I’ve seen that set still in place recently. Also has NBC Washington officially taken over Telemundo yet?

The Telemundo set was built into an old scenery storage room that was being used as an employee gym.It's not very big. There's that monitor wall and maybe one standup area to the left. The cameras are those small, conference room-style PTZ cameras.

My iPad is being cranky and won’t let me edit the previous post again.

The Telemundo set was built into an old scenery storage room that was being used as an employee gym.It's not very big. There's that monitor wall and maybe one standup area to the left. The cameras are those small, conference room-style PTZ cameras.

Here’s the standup area:

[MEDIA=instagram]BdAOGUdA9FE[/MEDIA]

It doesn’t even look like they have space for back lit panels. Look at the seem in the wall and it apppears they are lit from the bottom.

I wonder where they’ll put the weather center? I assume all the offices are in the same newsroom as WRC.

Yet they still have space for this old set. Unless of course it’s wheeled in.

[MEDIA=instagram]Bch0QCCn36q[/MEDIA]

I read somewhere that the Russert era set was based in the basement and on wheels so it could easily break down. Wasn’t that studio shared with It’s Academic? I know I mentioned it before that the current MTP set and It’s Academic share the same studio but now it doesn’t sound right. The current MTP set I assume is permanent and not designed to be taken apart weekly (especial now with MTP daily) and the It’s Academic set is so large +there’s the need for an audience area.

Can’t edit yet again. It doesnt sound that much different from the type of set up at WCAU and Telemundo 62/WWSI. They are in a cramped space that I believe @HulkieD once mentioned was for NBC Philadelphia Non Stop. All they have is a desk, maybe a standup area, and a chroma key immediately opposite the desk to the side. [MEDIA=instagram]BTCdU3yjN74[/MEDIA] In this picture the standup area for the weather is immediately to the left of this robotic camera. I think they have one of them in the studio but the one shown probably only has enough room to go back and forth. Then there are two cameras on tripods with PTZ heads. [MEDIA=instagram]BQBs4uvgLn0[/MEDIA] [MEDIA=instagram]oRbJEnoGW2[/MEDIA]

I read somewhere that the Russert era set was based in the basement and on wheels so it could easily break down. Wasn’t that studio shared with It’s Academic? I know I mentioned it before that the current MTP set and It’s Academic share the same studio but now it doesn’t sound right. The current MTP set I assume is permanent and not designed to be taken apart weekly (especial now with MTP daily) and the It’s Academic set is so large +there’s the need for an audience area.

The MTP set takes up about half of Studio B, and WRC uses the other half for It's Academic and other various uses (i.e. promo shoots.) The MTP set is also angled in there so the rear projection screens fit into the studio corners. (look closely at the lighting grid in wide shots of the set) I believe the old Russert-era MTP set was actually bigger and positioned differently in the studio.

What exactly is meant by academic set?

It’s Academic is a Saturday morning quiz show. It airs on WRC and WJZ where both produce episodes featuring schools from their DMA. The sets are very kitschy.

The MTP set takes up about half of Studio B, and WRC uses the other half for It's Academic and other various uses (i.e. promo shoots.) The MTP set is also angled in there so the rear projection screens fit into the studio corners. (look closely at the lighting grid in wide shots of the set) I believe the old Russert-era MTP set was actually bigger and positioned differently in the studio.

Okay. I wasn’t sure about Studio B. The few times I’ve seen it whether via live stream or some behind the scenes video it looks like the back wall isn’t that far from the set begins. I assume part of Studio B is seperate by a curtain of sorts.

I heard the Russert era set was actually on wheels and collapsed when not in use. I believe they still have it somewhere in the building.

Do you know where that Redskins Final set area comes from?

Edit: According to the It’s Academic website it comes from Studio A.

It’s Academic is a Saturday morning quiz show. It airs on WRC and WJZ where both produce episodes featuring schools from their DMA. The sets are very kitschy.

Okay. I wasn’t sure about Studio B. The few times I’ve seen it whether via live stream or some behind the scenes video it looks like the back wall isn’t that far from the set begins. I assume part of Studio B is seperate by a curtain of sorts.

I heard the Russert era set was actually on wheels and collapsed when not in use. I believe they still have it somewhere in the building.

Do you know where that Redskins Final set area comes from?

Edit: According to the It’s Academic website it comes from Studio A.

I think it used to be in Studio A until WRC got the Clickspring set. But yes, there is drape separating MTP and It's Academic. In more recent episodes you can see they're using the same Ross Cambots as MTP.

It's also possible I'm getting my studio letter designations confused. Though I'm pretty sure they're in Studio B.

The old set is has been at the Museum of Broadcst Communications in Chicago since 2012.

Well here you can see the cameras and just how cramped everything is. There literally appears to be no space for a seperate tripod for the chroma key.

[MEDIA=instagram]BdbccNqHNcH[/MEDIA]

I think it used to be in Studio A until WRC got the Clickspring set. But yes, there is drape separating MTP and It's Academic. In more recent episodes you can see they're using the same Ross Cambots as MTP.

It's also possible I'm getting my studio letter designations confused. Though I'm pretty sure they're in Studio B.

The old set is has been at the Museum of Broadcst Communications in Chicago since 2012.

Here we go. They actually put the bleachers in the table interview portion of the Meet The Press set.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10155267247688031

(Feel free to consolidate the posts).

NBC Should try and rent more studio space in its Capitol Hill studios and move Meet the Press there with views of the capitol etc. Then leave that space for Telemundo DC

NBC Should try and rent more studio space in its Capitol Hill studios and move Meet the Press there with views of the capitol etc. Then leave that space for Telemundo DC

They seem to have an awful lot of studios at 400N, granted I haven't been able to keep up with all the changes they made during the Pres.inauguration/ Greta time. Aside from the main studio frequently used throughout the day, this studio remains:

nbc.thumb.png.8755149919eab452b80a5c2a0eeff36b.png

( If i'm not mistaken, the studio where Hallie is above used to be this for a hot minute)

along with another area used for seating talking heads. The studio space above could easily work for MTP. Im sure they have Clickspring on speed dial.

Im pretty sure they would force Hugh Hewitt into city traffic before Todd, and frankly I am confused why the MSNBC space @ Nebraska ave still exist. Telemundo is getting a raw deal.

( If i'm not mistaken, the studio where Hallie is above used to be this for a hot minute)

along with another area used for seating talking heads. The studio space above could easily work for MTP. Im sure they have Clickspring on speed dial.

It’s the same space as Morning Joe.

It’s a big building but only a handful of spaces have decent views of the Capitol. I know Fox and C-SPAN is in the same complex. That being said space with an unobstructed view of the Capitol is going to go for a premium. They already have the two studios plus a few insert studios.

I’ve been watching their newscasts and the past few days they’ve had a phone bank about the end of the Temporary Protected Status for Salvadorans. They’ve hosted a phone bank from this studio - one that I have seen used for NBC Washington phone banks and other purposes.

So I am wondering is this an old WRC set that they’ve kept around? I know that this wasn’t the previous set used.

B0B1EAA4-37A4-421F-BE03-761148E5FCCC.thumb.jpeg.44e9a00b55ca7d8bd83c6096373ca81b.jpeg

It looks like it’s been kept in great shape. I wonder if this is the same area as Redskins Showtime (see above) is taped? And if this is (and Redskins Showtime) a hard set or one they move into place when needed. To be honest I don’t know where’d they would put it as WRC, MTP Daily are all on the air during this time frame.

Archived