KVUE/Austin getting the crappy Tegna set

Greggo

I was watching a Facebook live feed from KIII, and it looks like they are getting WUSA's old set (or maybe just parts of it -- I'm not sure how extensive it was). Elements of the set still have WUSA's logo on them.

One of the blandest sets on TV. Disappointing.

I don't get why people complain about these TEGNA sets. To me, it looks pretty good.

I mean, is it supposed to launch fireworks or something? As Captain News said:

I don’t see what is wrong with these sets. Sure, that anchor desk could use a display but overall, it’s a nice set design.

Noticed Microsoft Surface tablets being used for scripts... sister station KXTV does that too...

KVUE still has the USA Today graphics for now because they're an ABC affiliate (same applies to KIII). Both will change soon, however.

I’m surprised no one has covered up the tablets with silver gaffers tape or a sticker.

I like the set especially that it has a seperate soft interview area. I like how they have the map of Texas cut out however the one wall seems empty maybe either put another monitor on it or a star cut out.

Now I know technology is aging and replacements are starting to be required and that PTZ cameras produce great images now a days. Additionally the cost allows you to have more cameras than you normally would have if you went with the full handheld or brick route on a PTZ head with height drive. But isn’t that sacrificing some of the creativity when it comes to shots or minor adjustments that may be needed? Such as a trucking shots or easy height adjustments. There only appears to be one camera that appears it could be easily moved while the rest appear like it would be a bit difficult to move as they don’t have the typical grab rail.

I’m surprised no one has covered up the tablets with silver gaffers tape or a sticker.

I like the set especially that it has a seperate soft interview area. I like how they have the map of Texas cut out however the one wall seems empty maybe either put another monitor on it or a star cut out.

Now I know technology is aging and replacements are starting to be required and that PTZ cameras produce great images now a days. Additionally the cost allows you to have more cameras than you normally would have if you went with the full handheld or brick route on a PTZ head with height drive. But isn’t that sacrificing some of the creativity when it comes to shots or minor adjustments that may be needed? Such as a trucking shots or easy height adjustments. There only appears to be one camera that appears it could be easily moved while the rest appear like it would be a bit difficult to move as they don’t have the typical grab rail.

Since launching, they've covered up the Microsoft logo with the KVUE logo. (The new one, not the old one still being used in the L3s.) Looks pretty good.

Archived