KVUE/Austin getting the crappy Tegna set

Greggo

Their GM tweeted out a teaser that lets you see a sliver of the new set. It was built in a secondary studio they use for production, which is why they've been able to stay on the existing set.

[MEDIA=twitter]950088246788313088[/MEDIA]

Their GM tweeted out a teaser that lets you see a sliver of the new set. It was built in a secondary studio they use for production, which is why they've been able to stay on the existing set.

[MEDIA=twitter]950088246788313088[/MEDIA]

I wonder if they'll debut the new graphics and music with the set. The set looks pretty much done.

Definitely not looking forward to that kind of set here in San Diego...

I was in Sacramento a few weeks ago, I couldn’t even watch all of KXTV’s newscast. I had to switch to KOVR. It’s that bad, KFMB is ruined.

I was in Sacramento a few weeks ago, I couldn’t even watch all of KXTV’s newscast. I had to switch to KOVR. It’s that bad, KFMB is ruined.

Not all Tegna stations are like KXTV. It's just because they are trying that social media-hip-cool-on-TV thing that's never going to work, they're just too dumb to figure that out.

• 2 weeks later...

Down the road in Corpus Christi, KIII is getting a new set, too. A couple of nights ago, they showed some video of the dismantling of their old set. If I heard him correctly, Joe Gazin said that he had been on that particular set for close to 18 years? Holy cow.

Down the road in Corpus Christi, KIII is getting a new set, too. A couple of nights ago, they showed some video of the dismantling of their old set. If I heard him correctly, Joe Gazin said that he had been on that particular set for close to 18 years? Holy cow.

Bye-Bye McKinnion News Set... Hello Tegna-set-in-a-box.

Yes, it was introduced when they moved into their current facility in 2000. Looks like they will be getting rid of their version before former sister station KUSI does.

Will be interested to see what comes of that one though. It's one of the few arrangements where you can not just see the newsroom in the back, but also when someone comes in or goes out the door to leave the building. Always thought was sort of different.

Noticed Microsoft Surface tablets being used for scripts... sister station KXTV does that too...

KVUE still has the USA Today graphics for now because they're an ABC affiliate (same applies to KIII). Both will change soon, however.

Archived