Comcast Technology Center, NBC 10, Telemundo 62 New Studios (Possible First Photo)

rkolsen

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to this Philly.com article it sounds like they are keeping their Bala Cynwyd facility as they will:

Fifty or so employees will still work out of the Bala Cynwyd offices. NBC10 and Telemundo will store and manage their 40 news trucks and vehicles there.

I’m curious if they’re going to modernize the facility for the remaining staff and rent out the studios.

Also, Comcast CEO bought the three units comprising the 45th floor of the building encompassing 14,663 sq ft for $14.3 million. It will be managed along with a few others as Four Seasons Residences. The unit is immediately above the office portion and right below the Four Seasons.

http://www2.philly.com/philly/business/real_estate/commercial/Comcast-CEO-buys-sky-high-condo-units-in-companys-new-Philly-tech-tower.html

[ATTACH=full]6610[/ATTACH]

Also, Comcast CEO bought the three units comprising the 45th floor of the building encompassing 14,663 sq ft for $14.3 million. It will be managed along with a few others as Four Seasons Residences. The unit is immediately above the office portion and right below the Four Seasons.

http://www2.philly.com/philly/business/real_estate/commercial/Comcast-CEO-buys-sky-high-condo-units-in-companys-new-Philly-tech-tower.html

One of them is his own personal condo

One of them is his own personal condo

Just thought I’d throw out that factoid that he bought in the building.

I’m wondering when it comes to things like these moves how much old equipment goes with them - like a lot of the stuff the creative services team use like lights, grips along with things that maybe used for repairing cameras in the shop.

Also, I’m assuming people like Jim Rosenfield and Keith Jones won’t be able to bring their dogs to work anymore. If you’ve seen Keith Jones’ social media you’ll occasionally see he brings his dog to work with him and sometimes the dogs just laying on the studio floor during the show unfazed by the robots.

I’m wondering when it comes to things like these moves how much old equipment goes with them - like a lot of the stuff the creative services team use like lights, grips along with things that maybe used for repairing cameras in the shop.

It'll go with them. Just because they're getting a pretty new building doesn't mean they're going to buy Creative Services new gear if the existing stuff is working just fine.

Also, I’m assuming people like Jim Rosenfield and Keith Jones won’t be able to bring their dogs to work anymore. If you’ve seen Keith Jones’ social media you’ll occasionally see he brings his dog to work with him and sometimes the dogs just laying on the studio floor during the show unfazed by the robots.

Actually I would think the opposite is true. The building is supposed to have a Silicon Valley type feel to it in an urban skyscraper. I would think they'd welcome pets.

The parking under the building is about 70 spaces and that's for the WHOLE building. I don't believe these spots are for NBC, except, perhaps for the GM and such. The same situation happened at KYW's current facility. Fortunately, employees were able to rent outdoor spaces from the Inquirer there.

1842853678_CTCparking.png.7737b5e97ea015a8c4a1ba089656c0c3.png

I think Wednesday is the day. Saw some Instagram stories where people posted it’s their last shift in Bala with the hashtag* #ByeByeBala.

*Do you think if I said pound to a younger person they know what it would mean?

It’s only a matter of time. The weekend crew said that their last show in Bala Cynwyd was Sunday so I’d expect it to by Friday evening or on the weekend. A weekend launch while less high profile would give them more time to troubleshoot and if a newscast isn’t able to go on the air it isn’t as a big of a deal* compared to a weekday newscast.

* It still is a big deal but there are not as many viewers.

Archived