YT Copyright Claim Note...

Ntropolis

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darn, I had dcbatwing as a channel I subscribed to.

I was scrambling to put messages indicating that I didn't intend to infringe on {insert here, as I had uploaded stuff in addition to the news-related video I mentioned here}'s copyright. I got up to page 5, so that covers most of my recent uploads.

Darn, I had dcbatwing as a channel I subscribed to.

I was scrambling to put messages indicating that I didn't intend to infringe on {insert here, as I had uploaded stuff in addition to the news-related video I mentioned here}'s copyright. I got up to page 5, so that covers most of my recent uploads.

UPDATE: Made it to page 10 Sunday.

• 2 months later...

Another channel just yanked off YouTube: Videoholic2007. But just like eyeontv, it'll be back with a new name soon.

I think it's the three parts of TV show intros from 1977 (including GMA, Today, and NBC Nightly News) that did it.

Jonathan Allen

Another channel just yanked off YouTube: Videoholic2007. But just like eyeontv, it'll be back with a new name soon.

I think it's the three parts of TV show intros from 1977 (including GMA, Today, and NBC Nightly News) that did it.

I'm really sorry about that one...he had over 500 videos and counting, with a LOT of rare stuff from the late-70s and early-80s. I wonder if one of the Cleveland stations complained...a lot of his videos came from WJKW (now WJW) and WEWS.

• 7 months later...

I'm quite sure that video will pop up again because it had been on there for about 2 years.

I tried to revive the 1989 Loma Prieta Earthquake from the World Series video but that video was booted off within 18 hours by MLB even though there was no game footage except maybe highlights from Game 2.

I'm quite sure that video will pop up again because it had been on there for about 2 years.

I tried to revive the 1989 Loma Prieta Earthquake from the World Series video but that video was booted off within 18 hours by MLB even though there was no game footage except maybe highlights from Game 2.

Argh. I had KDKA's 2007 "We Are KDKA" image promo on YT, and the NFL threw a bitch fit because it had 3 seconds worth of footage of the Steeler's recent superbowl win.

You'd think they'd have better things to do.

Elton John played Alaska the other week with sold-out shows in Anchorage and Fairbanks; a few videos of his performances were on YouTube for many of us who couldn't make it...until Sir Elton's camp had 'em all pulled!

Me? I had a video of Salt-n-Pepa performing a special version of "Whatta Man" at Wrestlemania XI (which was on YT before by someone else, but I downloaded it of course); WWE found out and...YOINK!!!

Jonathan Allen

I may do likewise; though I've been too busy to set up accounts on either.

My new primary channel is Market42Fan (all the other stuff will go to a separate channel). I probably won't have anything ready to upload until the weekend.

One of my friends recently had a video clip from Baltimore's WBFF FOX 45 removed due to this copyright crap. HOWEVER..she also received a private email through You Tube from WBFF demanding payment of $1000 for copyright violation or otherwise they will sue. At first she throught they were joking so she calls up WBFF and they her they were indeed serious and if they have to they could track her ISP address and all sorts of things to get her to pay.

Why am I NOT surprised !!

One of my neighbors works for Denver's KWGN channel 2 and from what he was saying most ( if not all ) of the Denver stations are "looking for a way" to go after those directly who upload their clips without their OK rather than just go after You Tube.

Same thing with radio too. Some of the Denver radio stations like KOA Newsradio 850 and KOOL 105 FM have gone after a number of websites, pulling their legal weight to get some of their airchecks taken down as well.

All of this reminds me..has anyone who had their clips removed actually called up these stations to talk about their clips being removed and make sure its really the stations themselves doing it or perhaps a third party? Has anyone asked for the OK from them to upload their clips? Just curious.

One of my friends recently had a video clip from Baltimore's WBFF FOX 45 removed due to this copyright crap. HOWEVER..she also received a private email through You Tube from WBFF demanding payment of $1000 for copyright violation or otherwise they will sue. At first she throught they were joking so she calls up WBFF and they her they were indeed serious and if they have to they could track her ISP address and all sorts of things to get her to pay.

Why am I NOT surprised !!

One of my neighbors works for Denver's KWGN channel 2 and from what he was saying most ( if not all ) of the Denver stations are "looking for a way" to go after those directly who upload their clips without their OK rather than just go after You Tube.

Same thing with radio too. Some of the Denver radio stations like KOA Newsradio 850 and KOOL 105 FM have gone after a number of websites, pulling their legal weight to get some of their airchecks taken down as well.

All of this reminds me..has anyone who had their clips removed actually called up these stations to talk about their clips being removed and make sure its really the stations themselves doing it or perhaps a third party? Has anyone asked for the OK from them to upload their clips? Just curious.

Wow.

How long was the WBFF clip? Because if it's a short clip (in the range of two minutes) I'd think that Sinclair was abusing their power.

Wow.

How long was the WBFF clip? Because if it's a short clip (in the range of two minutes) I'd think that Sinclair was abusing their power.

I have to ask her how long that clip was but really I don't think it matters anyway. Earlier this year we had a local shopping mall that was torn down. Some high school student made a tribute video about it and posted that on You Tube. However there was a Wachovia Bank nearby that mall and a scene of that bank made its way to the clip. Even though the shot of Wachovia lasted less than 10 seconds ( I saw the clip ), Wachovia Bank still had that clip yanked from You Tube because of the fact that their logo was shown. In a situation like that, perhaps Wachoiva Bank doesn't have a say as far as suing goes other than getting the clip yanked but taping something off TV directly from a TV station, perhaps they do have the right to go after someone and try to collect money, I am not a lawyer so I can't say yes or no.

But I do know that between that ( Wachoiva Bank ) and my neighbor from KWGN, I would be very cautious about posting anything on You Tube.

Archived