YT Copyright Claim Note...

Ntropolis

what a bunch of corporate ****s these broadcast groups are

That goes beyond the DMCA pulldown. And as for KWGN, isn't own by PulitZell aka the Trib, and DON'T THEY HAVE ACCOUNTS on the Tube??? I'm glad I don't live in a market that has a Sinclair Station.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what a bunch of corporate ****s these broadcast groups are

Actually most "big" businesses are as well. Do you have a Kroger Supermarket in your town or a chain that is owned by them ( California's Ralphs, Colorado's King Soopers, ect....)? Take a camera and make a movie inside one of their stores and upload that on You Tube. Chances are it will be gone within days or even minutes thanks to Kroger. I heard recently that Kroger actually has a staff on their payroll whose only job is to check out You Tube and other sites and see if any videos were done at their stores. Talk about being paranoid !!

I am not even going to begin about the other chains like Target, Wal-Mart, Kohls and the Home Depot.They all have done the same thing too.

If anyone remembers, back in November, we were attempting to do that "News Open Project." Well, I got the first five minutes of WAVY and posted it on YouTube, and in the description, said it was for TVNT. Well, Lin TV notified me that I took it from wavy.com, which obviuolsy isn't the case.They said they were taking no action, except they added a huge ad next to the vid.

If anyone remembers, back in November, we were attempting to do that "News Open Project." Well, I got the first five minutes of WAVY and posted it on YouTube, and in the description, said it was for TVNT. Well, Lin TV notified me that I took it from wavy.com, which obviuolsy isn't the case.They said they were taking no action, except they added a huge ad next to the vid.

Look on the bright side, at least your video wasn't taken down. Also, recent TribVids (that is videos that were from Tribune Broadcasting, [KTLA, WPIX, and WGN, etc]) started putting in ads.

Look on the bright side, at least your video wasn't taken down. Also, recent TribVids (that is videos that were from Tribune Broadcasting, [KTLA, WPIX, and WGN, etc]) started putting in ads.

So I guess Trib (or WGN at least) has stopped being so uptight (for now at least).

So I guess Trib (or WGN at least) has stopped being so uptight (for now at least).

But one thing's for certain: There are some Bozo The Clown clips on there, but if you post any, ANY from WGN's most famous version...kiss your account goodbye!!!!

And Ray Glasser (videohollic2008, etc.) has several New Year's Eve ball drops from the '70s to early '90s all from CBS including one dating back to 1957-58; he does have several more from Dick Clark (except for 1999-2000), but he's staying those away from YouTube.

Jonathan Allen

And Ray Glasser (videohollic2008, etc.) has several New Year's Eve ball drops from the '70s to early '90s all from CBS including one dating back to 1957-58; he does have several more from Dick Clark (except for 1999-2000), but he's staying those away from YouTube.

Jonathan Allen

Yes it would be VERY WISE not to post anything on You Tube that has to do with Dick Clark since he ( well his production company anyway) are total asses about copyrights and such. Actually really the only thing Clark can't touch and get taken down is oddly those Pyramid game shows he had done back in the 70s and 80s since that show falls under another company and not Clark but Dick Clark does own everything assoicated with Philadelphia's channel 6 pre-1964 even the vintage Sally Starr kiddie western show which had nothing to do with American Bandstand.

How picky is Clark? Remember the You Tube user "Cathyftr" ? She once uploaded a 4 second legal ID from 1960 of Philadelphia's WFIL-TV 6. ONLY FOUR SECONDS LONG !! Dick Clark even had THAT yanked !!!

Total butthole !!!!!!!!:(

Well, we know that Trib seems to have calmed down, but HOW does Dick Clark claim copyright on WFIL material that's non-AB when they otherwise had NO connection to the station?

Also, for anyone who cares, Viacom's at it again. I can't believe they still have enough rocks in their heads to believe they're going to win this lawsuit.

Well, we know that Trib seems to have calmed down, but HOW does Dick Clark claim copyright on WFIL material that's non-AB when they otherwise had NO connection to the station?

On Dick Clark...my guess is that when he moved American Bandstand from WFIL to Hollywood in 1964, WFIL ( WPVI ) told him if he wanted all the films of his show then he would have to buy everything else in the WFIL library including Sally Starr's western/Three Stooges kiddie shows that aired on WFIL back then. Keep in mind that Dick Clark did NOT own those American Bandstand films when the show came out of Philadelphia.

Could be a way for WFIL to get some money out of Dick Clark since they would be losing business with the show moving to Hollywood. Or perhaps that Dick knew that those old films of his show would be destroyed sooner or later if he didn't buy them from WFIL. Or maybe the whole thing was Dick's idea just to make Sally Starr mad ( there was some bad blood between them ). Who knows !!

But I can imagine it would be sad to upload some clip of a woman wearing western clothes screaming "hee HAW", only to have that clip removed thanks to Dick Clark. Who would have known he owned THAT show?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

By the way...if you want to relive all those great Olympic moments from Beijing so far including anything Michael Phelps, it's best to wait till AFTER the games are over to put them on YT; all those videos were removed by "a third party" (the IOC, maybe?).

At least all other stuff from past Olympics (including some from the U.S.-boycotted 1980 games in Moscow) are still safe.

By the way...if you want to relive all those great Olympic moments from Beijing so far including anything Michael Phelps, it's best to wait till AFTER the games are over to put them on YT; all those videos were removed by "a third party" (the IOC, maybe?).

At least all other stuff from past Olympics (including some from the U.S.-boycotted 1980 games in Moscow) are still safe.

yeah, as a part of YouTube hosting Olympics highlights for countries without online broadcast rights, they're being EXTRA strict this year.

• 11 months later...

Sorry to bump this, but another channel suspension update.

WREYNetwork's channel just bit the dust (apparently over the last couple of hours, as his account was open earlier today). He had a LOT of Miami-area news clips as well as a large collection of Saturday morning cartoon breaks.

And not too long ago, robatsea2008 has been suspended. He had a lot of Seattle, National, cable and even canadian TV collection that I enjoy.

Those two had great video clips. Any ideas why WREYnetwork and robatsea2008 would have been suspended? A specific video? Robatsea2008's collection contained a lot of Canadian material.

Those two had great video clips. Any ideas why WREYnetwork and robatsea2008 would have been suspended? A specific video? Robatsea2008's collection contained a lot of Canadian material.

robatsea2008's gone too?

Hope they can come back, still trying to see if I can find what happened.

Archived