At the FCC

CircleSeven

$$$

I know that!!!

You see Sinclair wanted this from the jump. I'm asking why she would be so asinine to give in to these Heathens of Hunt Valley, after going out and saying "this station was NOT for sale", and turn around and sell the house that Jim built. I don't care if she was so tempted with their money.

She made a huge mistake. This is a sad day in Southern NV. Channels 5, 8 & 13 should be celebrating in jubiliation.

It's official. I wouldn't have thought Beverly Rogers would have sold the station to a company whose mission is completely the opposite of what her husband stood for, but $$$ talks.

Most likely, NBC moves to 21.2, with Estrella and GetTV moving to 33.x. What they bought was the intellectual property of KSNV, they're going to turn around and resell the license.

KVVU and KTNV have the most to gain from this acquisition. I bet you the celebrating will begin at those stations, as well as KLAS.

You may not like what I'm about to say. But I wouldn't be shocked if they keep that VHF 2 frequency & give one of those channels to a speculator. Think about it. The UHF discount ruling is coming soon, if not in a not-too-distant future. And if the ruling includes a possible "VHF discount", they'll probably going to take advantage of it. Now I'm not for any TV station going to the VHF-low frequency becaause it's exceedingly difficult to get a signal and such.

Also, those auctions are coming up next summer, and many of the speculators want to buy more UHF airspace before they can resell it for those Wireles fools. And you know how I am about this "pet project" broadband plan.

But with all of that being said, I wouldn't be shocked if both CW & MNT share one stream, and the new GetTV would be on either be on the same stream with the CW or move to KSNV. I wouldn't be shocked if they kick Estrella to the curve, and maybe one of the subs that KSNV currently have.

I know that!!!

You see Sinclair wanted this from the jump. I'm asking why she would be so asinine to give in to these Heathens of Hunt Valley, after going out and saying "this station was NOT for sale", and turn around and sell the house that Jim built. I don't care if she was so tempted with their money.

She made a huge mistake. This is a sad day in Southern NV. Channels 5, 8 & 13 should be celebrating in jubiliation.

You may not like what I'm about to say. But I wouldn't be shocked if they keep that VHF 2 frequency & give one of those channels to a speculator. Think about it. The UHF discount ruling is coming soon, if not in a not-too-distant future. And if the ruling includes a possible "VHF discount", they'll probably going to take advantage of it. Now I'm not for any TV station going to the VHF-low frequency becaause it's exceedingly difficult to get a signal and such.

Also, those auctions are coming up next summer, and many of the speculators want to buy more UHF airspace before they can resell it for those Wireles fools. And you know how I am about this "pet project" broadband plan.

But with all of that being said, I wouldn't be shocked if both CW & MNT share one stream, and the new GetTV would be on either be on the same stream with the CW or move to KSNV. I wouldn't be shocked if they kick Estrella to the curve, and maybe one of the subs that KSNV currently have.

Sinclair LOVES it that Sony is paying them to air GetTV, so they're definitely not getting rid of that. Estrella, IIRC, is carried by both cable and satellite providers (which the classic diginets aren't). So, I'm thinking that Antenna TV, ThisTV, COZI, and ZUUS Country will need to find new homes.

I know that!!!

Only the folks here think it's a huge mistake, to her she wanted rid of it and people say not for sale and take the money all the time. She obviously didn't want it and all this worrying about history that you do is irrelevent to the issue at hand. Not a mistake at all to her, a good move all the way to the bank.

From B&C:

"Prior to his death in June, Jim Rogers, owner of the Intermountain West broadcast group, redid his trust to arrange for the sale of his beloved KSNV Las Vegas, says his widow Beverly, with the proceeds seeding an educational foundation. Rogers had been "entertaining several suitors," adds Beverly, including eventual buyer Sinclair."

Only the folks here think it's a huge mistake, to her she wanted rid of it and people say not for sale and take the money all the time. She obviously didn't want it and all this worrying about history that you do is irrelevent to the issue at hand. Not a mistake at all to her, a good move all the way to the bank.

It doesn't make me stop thinking that it was an asinine decision she made on giving it to them. Like I said, she's really dumb for doing that. I don't care if they would give her twice as much. If she would've sold it to someone else, then I wouldn't be so mad about it. But it's Sinclair we're talking about. Not any other broadcaster.

From B&C:

"Prior to his death in June, Jim Rogers, owner of the Intermountain West broadcast group, redid his trust to arrange for the sale of his beloved KSNV Las Vegas, says his widow Beverly, with the proceeds seeding an educational foundation. Rogers had been "entertaining several suitors," adds Beverly, including eventual buyer Sinclair."[/size]

Wow! I didn't realized he wanted to sell his baby Channel 3 before he passed. Earlier, I stated that Sinclair was coming touring the station, while doing it at the same time Rogers was on his death bed. But I didn't know Jim was willing to sell before he passed.

I still wished that another buyer came about and not those fools. To me, it ain't about the money (sine that is the case). What I'm worried about here, is what Sinclair is going to do post-consummation to KSNV. That's what I'm worried about.

It makes me think...Las Vegas may not be done with changes. We generally agreed KLAS will be for sale soon, and there have been aborted sales of that station. Is Sinclair going to try to add a fourth station in Vegas? Or does someone else try to get it?

I got a feeling the Deathstar is coming a knocking for KLAS,

Well we have a New M&A this morning (well new to me, but the news was posted two weeks ago).

Back to Oregon we go. It appears the owners of Zolo Media (owners of its cable/broadband system and Bend, OR's broadcast stations, KOHD & KBNZ-LD) is selling its company to a midwestern firm Telephone & Data Systems, Inc. (TDS) for $261M.

We have another consummation.

The BendBroadband takeover (including Bend, Oregon stations KOHD & KBNZ-LD) by TDS in Chicago was closed on Monday.

I feel that, despite being a CBS affiliate (even though they've came to terms with them for the most part), KLAS is a better fit for the newly-merged LIN/Media General than Gannett.

LIN-MG obviously learned their lesson after being spanked by CBS over WISH. It shouldn't be much of an issue at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Let's go back to Nebraska shall we? We know Gray loves Nebraska, right?

Gray is in the process of installing a brand new 500-ft tower for its Scottsbluff station, KSTF (the semi-satellite of Cheyenne, WY's KGWN). But it order to do that, the station had to turn off its signal and dismantle its current tower. The signal was turned off on Thursday. The article states that the installation is expected to take between four to six weeks.

Also, The Pappas sale of Milwaukee's WIWN to Caballero was closed on Wednesday.

TVNewsCheck this morning has an interesting profile of DuJuan McCoy, whose Bayou City Broadcasting recently moved to buy WEVV Evansville. This quote is really interesting:

Giving his new Evansville station an identity in news is the first thing on his to-do list. “It doesn’t have news now and my immediate goal is to put on a local newscast,” he says. “There is huge potential in that television station. Evansville is market No. [103]. It’s close to a $40 million TV market and $16 million of that market is spent on news. If you don’t have news, you can’t compete for that $16 million. So when I start up [a news operation], I have an opportunity now to play in a pond that I wasn’t allowed to play in before because I didn’t have the product.”

TVNewsCheck this morning has an interesting profile of DuJuan McCoy, whose Bayou City Broadcasting recently moved to buy WEVV Evansville. This quote is really interesting:

Good luck, but I expect it be poor quality, looking at the crap that passed for "news" when he was in San Angelo.

Also the MMTC lied. They said McCoy is one of only two African-American owners but remember Armstrong Williams owns two stations of his own. So that would be three.

Sold! WLOV will become the first non-Alaska property of Coastal Television, owner of the Fox and ABC affiliates in Anchorage. The sale is probably related to that of WTVA that was announced late last month; it also will mark a separation of WTVA from its longtime LMA partner.

Coastal is a horrible owner that has made zero investment in their Anchorage stations, aside from upgrading master control to play commercials and syndicated shows in HD.

Sold! WLOV will become the first non-Alaska property of Coastal Television, owner of the Fox and ABC affiliates in Anchorage. The sale is probably related to that of WTVA that was announced late last month; it also will mark a separation of WTVA from its longtime LMA partner.

I'm trying to see where in the article it says they plan on terminating the LMA with WTVA. Or is that your supposition?

According to this article (http://djournal.com/news/wtvas-spain-era-ends-station-sold-heartland-media/) in the North Mississippi Daily Journal, the new owners plan on retaining the LMA.

I'm trying to see where in the article it says they plan on terminating the LMA with WTVA. Or is that your supposition?

According to this article (http://djournal.com/news/wtvas-spain-era-ends-station-sold-heartland-media/) in the North Mississippi Daily Journal, the new owners plan on retaining the LMA.

That's a supposition under new LMA rules — that article is not about the sale of WLOV.

Paperwork for WLOV, Coastal is paying $1.6M.