BAD Weather Forecast SHAME Thread!!!

SuitSnob

Let's post here when one of the local forecasts is OFF BY A MILE!!!!

Today:

Jeff Smith

WABC

Morning Broadcast

Claimed clear skies all day

Said rain would arrive by midnite

Rain started at 3 pm.

Rain kept going UNTIL midnite.

BAD ABC FORECAST!!! BAD!! BAD!!!

Let's post here when one of the local forecasts is OFF BY A MILE!!!!

Today:

Jeff Smith

WABC

Morning Broadcast

Claimed clear skies all day

Said rain would arrive by midnite

Rain started at 3 pm.

Rain kept going UNTIL midnite.

BAD ABC FORECAST!!! BAD!! BAD!!!

Cut Jeff some slack - he's still new in the market. And it didn't rain in my neck of the woods until after 9 pm, so I'd say he was pretty close.

I just think WABC needs a weather reshuffle. I think Bill Evans should have gotten the main job. I don't like Lee, and I like think Heidi would do well in the mornings.

Bill is the chief meteorologist...and he was offered the 5, 6 & 11 when Sam Champion left for GMA. Bill stayed on the AM & Noon by choice...he just likes those hours better so he can spend the evening with his family.

Lee is exactly where he should be-his friendly sophistication belongs on the #1 newscast in America. Bill's folksy charm works better in the AM.

I agree completely. "Friendly sophistication" is Lee to a "T." Lee is a much better educated and more knowledgable (and more NY/northeastern) meteorologist than Bill. Bill's folksy southern/Texas style is more suited to the mornings. The lineup is fine. Besides..I heard Bill say dumb/wrong things many times. Most recently: "the front will sort of come back toward us as a bermuda high." Huh????

Lee is exactly where he should be-his friendly sophistication belongs on the #1 newscast in America. Bill's folksy charm works better in the AM.

I agree completely. "Friendly sophistication" is Lee to a "T." Lee is a much better educated and more knowledgable (and more NY/northeastern) meteorologist than Bill. Bill's folksy southern/Texas style is more suited to the mornings. The lineup is fine. Besides..I heard Bill say dumb/wrong things many times. Most recently: "the front will sort of come back toward us as a bermuda high." Huh????

I agree. Although Bill has been with the station much longer than anyone else has, he still unfortunately doesn't talk in the way one could understand all the time. I mean not saying he can't talk at all, but sometimes his comments contradict. But anyway Lee seems to know what he's doing, the team is fine the way it is. Everyone makes mistakes. Weather was never meant to be accurate, lol. People can't really predict what will happen, they use their resources to the fullest extent and make theories, but we can't really tell what Mother Nature does, so people should understand that.

• 1 month later...

Ok, did ANY off the local weather reports say it was going to be anything but sunny today (Saturday)? We had torrential downpours from about 12-2 in Manhattan. How in hell could no one know this was going to happen?

I was actually pissed off about that too. I mean because I spent 20 dollars washing my car yesterday thinking that it would be sunny all day today and then it got dirty again from the muddy puddles. They said 80 degrees with clear skies, lol. So shame on all weather forecasters in New York today!. Even The Weather Channel got it wrong, rofl. It said that it was partly cloudy outside while it was pouring. ::)

your first mistake is watching the weather on a saturday morning. not many choices of great weather people on local news at that hour.

wnbcs girl is getting better

wabcs guy just seems cocky, inexperienced, and apparently - not too accurate. (hence the reason this thread was started in the first place)

your first mistake is watching the weather on a saturday morning. not many choices of great weather people on local news at that hour.

wnbcs girl is getting better

wabcs guy just seems cocky, inexperienced, and apparently - not too accurate. (hence the reason this thread was started in the first place)

Yeah, but it was EVERYONE-all networks, cable and print. Don't put all the blame on Poor Jeff, especially since he started dressing better!

haha... ok suitsnob. not trying to put on the blame on "poor" little jeff. Everyone was off that day. But even a nice jacket doesn't make the weather forecasting better. (unless you're Lee...he's got looks and accuracy! plus - i like the way he interacts with the anchors. makes the news enjoyable)

Archived