The Saturday Early Show.....what happened

Geoff150

For whatever reason, The Saturday Early Show is live from 7am-9am. Stations air it 7am-9am, 8am-10am, or 9am-11am. Most, I believe air it 9am-11am. My guess is the wrong feed was picked-up. But you've also got weird scheduling this week because of tennis.

Why they don't air live 9am-11am is beyond me. It would seem to make more sense as Sunday Morning and Face the Nation air 9am-11am Sundays.

CBS carries the US Open tennis tournament...CBS-2 News is supposed to be on from 9-10am, but I guess since tennis was coming on they put the childrens programming on because they need to get it in.

I have no idea why The Early Show would have come on again, but I did see that happen, but I switched to NewsChannel4.

• 3 weeks later...

For whatever reason, The Saturday Early Show is live from 7am-9am. Stations air it 7am-9am, 8am-10am, or 9am-11am. Most, I believe air it 9am-11am. My guess is the wrong feed was picked-up. But you've also got weird scheduling this week because of tennis.

Why they don't air live 9am-11am is beyond me. It would seem to make more sense as Sunday Morning and Face the Nation air 9am-11am Sundays.

In the west coast, the program is on from 5am-7am PT. This, and the fact that it's not run live at 9am ET is in part because of children's programming that follows (usually) from 10am-1pm ET.

Archived