EWN New Generation

Oliverolang

• 1 month later...

KGTV needs more selection wth EWN New Gen. The TinyUrl link is the standard open on all KGTV Newscasts and the YouTube for the KTRK open, not the teaser, is all they use for bumpers and news close but it somewhat gets annoying :) KGTV needs more selection

ABC 13 in Houston has started using EWN NewGen for their newscast opens...

And here is a video I've uploaded to YouTube. KTRK is finally starting to do away with EWN Series One.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRCJPaBUp_w

I like that, it's much better than the cut they were using before (the one WTVD used for weather before the EWN New Gen switch)... I'd rather not see them switch the the KABC open theme of EWN New Gen most everyone else is using.

KGTV needs more selection wth EWN New Gen. The TinyUrl link is the standard open on all KGTV Newscasts and the YouTube for the KTRK open, not the teaser, is all they use for bumpers and news close but it somewhat gets annoying

That cut is also the standard one used by WBAY for its intros. Outside of that, they don't really tap into the package that much. I will admit, though, the cut they use for the community segments on the 12P shows is quite a departure, but otherwise, they probably use 3-4 cuts or something....

......And it kind of DOES get a little on the annoying end.

An update on KTRK...

They have started to use New Generation most of the time now.

All opens and teases are now with New Generation. On last check, the talent graphics had yet to be changed from Series One, but I'm guessing it won't be long before they switch those as well. I'll get some vid clips when the transition is complete.

• 4 weeks later...

WFTV uses this (http://tinyurl.com/26zu7h) to the brink when you LONG for the KABC versions!

Is this cut even in the original New Generation package or is it a custom cut WFTV had made or is it somewhere on the pre-NG EWN package?

No, I dont think so KGTV uses this cut of EWN on their 11pm newscast, this cut sounds better than the other overused ones they have on their other newscasts.

As promised, here is the video of KTRK's New Generation cuts:

As of 11:13pm CST, it is still processing on YouTube's server. I've seen it take a few minutes to a few hours for video to process, so just give it some time.

As of 11:13pm CST, it is still processing on YouTube's server. I've seen it take a few minutes to a few hours for video to process, so just give it some time.

Wow. Nice cuts of EWN. I have not heard those before, especially the closing cut. Not bad.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow. Nice cuts of EWN. I have not heard those before, especially the closing cut. Not bad.

I would agree with you for all but one cut: the open. The ramp is pretty good, but my God the signature sounds awful. The trumpet itself is not bad, but whatever they used to back up the trumpet doesn't harmonize at all.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived