The WCBS bloodbath continues

canitgetanyworse

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is horrible.

I can't say that Cindy Hsu's departure is a huge surprise, considering how she's been treated lately, but it's still awful.

I've always said that I'll stop watching CBS 2 the moment Cindy or Dana are let go...

I don't think Dr. Marks, Reid Lamberty and Brett Larsen being axed is a big surpirse.

Dr. Marks reports dwindle to only a few these past couple of months.

I don't know why they even hired Brett in the first place.

Cindy Hsu leaving is just horrible. That only leaves 1 asian on air personality, Ti-Hua Chang, left at WCBS. She's such a great anchor and it would be a waste of talent if she doesn't find a new home in NY. I don't think they give a on air farewell segment for those who are let go by the station, but Cindy Hsu deserves one for all of her service she has contributed to WCBS all these years.

Cindy leaving? This is a true shame and really makes no sense. And like you said, they probaly won't even give her a tribute, we'll just never see her and they won't explain anything. Poor management and judgement at CBS2.

I hardly watch CBS2 anyways, but once Cindy leaves, i'll never watch it again.

Just curious as to where is the source of the "Bloodbath?"

Exactly, there is no real source of anything yet, so its not confirmed. I won't believe it untill I see official evidence. And since when was Roz Abrams a Producer? Please don't post things that are false and untrue. It lowers forum etiquette. Always support your observations (if they are true) with a good source.

-Vlad

Vlad....read it right.....

2 of their best producers were let go;

Then Craig, then Roz, then Andrea...

The source was right in the newsroom as everyone was shocked about it. Dr Marks desk is clean. Bret is gone. I'm not sure if you'll see Reid or Cindy on air; I'm told they haven't cleaned out but that they were not being renewed. There happens to be a big mouthed female that loves knocking other people down and she was spouting it off to everyone.

I will not give out her name since many on this board seem to like her but she should be reprimanded and get the same treatment she dishes out when her day comes too.

The source was right in the newsroom as everyone was shocked about it. Dr Marks desk is clean. Bret is gone. I'm not sure if you'll see Reid or Cindy on air; I'm told they haven't cleaned out but that they were not being renewed. There happens to be a big mouthed female that loves knocking other people down and she was spouting it off to everyone.

I will not give out her name since many on this board seem to like her but she should be reprimanded and get the same treatment she dishes out when her day comes too.

Oh, you mean Kirstin Cole?

Sorry about that canitgetanyworse, I misread it lol, but now it sounds much more convincing. If this is true, which it seems to be now by the way you mentioned it, it just keeps getting worse and worse on that terrible station. I figured they would all be let go anyway. So I guess their contracts were terminated. What a shame and how pathetic. It really doesn't come as a suprise though, because this was expected especially when they removed Roz Abrams and Mary Calvi off of the 5PM slot. What an awkward station.

-Vlad

That sounds ALOT like Dana Tyler. :o

-Vlad

-Vlad

It really does, that's the first person that came to my mind when I read that.

-Vlad

Wow, It does sound like the person is referring to Dana. If it is in fact her, shame on her. She should be showing support, not "spouting" it off to everyone. These people worked along side her as a team to try to build a better newscast through the years, and what she's doing, adding insult to injury is not called for. It is shocking if it is Dana. If it was Kirsten Cole as Ryan suggested, then that wouldn't have been a surprise, because it has been rumored that she's a [a word that rhymes with witch], but i don't think everyone likes her on this board.

-Vlad

Wow, It does sound like the person is referring to Dana. If it is in fact her, shame on her. She should be showing support, not "spouting" it off to everyone. These people worked along side her as a team to try to build a better newscast through the years, and what she's doing, adding insult to injury is not called for. It is shocking if it is Dana. If it was Kirsten Cole as Ryan suggested, then that wouldn't have been a surprise, because it has been rumored that she's a [a word that rhymes with witch], but i don't think everyone likes her on this board.

Sounds like Cole to me. While Dana can be VERY caty, the big mouth b*tch at CBS is definitely Kirsten. She's never been pleasant... all the way back to her days at TV55.

If, as one of the moderators has mentioned on this board before, CBS New York is a big time visitor, they will realize what damage they would do if they dumped Dana. Kirstin though does deserve to go, even though she is a good anchor.

As a side note, I just saw Brett on with Kate Sullivan Thursday I think doing some report on the Wii. I've liked him doing technology, but he does seem to be used very little. I mean, how many reports can he do on the difference between plasma and LCD tvs?

One has to wonder if the word consistency is missing from the CBS Television Stations manual - the constant change, churn in reporters/anchors, and the manner in which it occurs does not build loyalty among viewers. The managers at CBS must be totally incompetent.

Archived