The WCBS bloodbath continues

canitgetanyworse

When will the madness stop? Perhaps that Sam Champion look a like guy we all talked about a while back, who interviewed at WABC and WCBS will replace her. Poor Audrey. Someone at TVSpy said that WNYW is also expected to make some changes, perhaps Audrey will join WNYW.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prior to reading his bio, i thought is saw him before. I remember when he was an anchor on MSNBC. So who goes next at 2? My guess is their older reporters: John Slattery, Jennifer McLogan and Pablo Guzman. And i literally do think by the end of next year, there will be a new bunch of reporters.

I remember John Elliot on MSNBC. He was good out in the field and has a sense of humor. He wasn't a clown like Dave Price. I don't mind seeing Audrey Puente go. No doubt she will land somewhere else on the dial.

It's amazing how the station was hitting their groove in the summer and now you can't even recognize it from a few months ago. Yet another 180.

I really feel bad for those who work there.

Another bio has been removed: Andrea Stasssou. I never really liked her, so it's not a shame. Plus she hasn't been on air doing much in ages.

BUT WTF!!!

If Audrey is gone I'll strangle someone. She was on the Early Show this week. I am becoming annoyed now. I saw Liz Carothers doing Saturday morning weather for WCBS yesterday and Jeff at the Saturday Early Show... (Liz was in Times Square and the studio).

Thank god Audrey is still on the bios, so she has a chance. Maybe she can replace John Bolaris?

I am so frustrated and annoyed right now. Audrey was one of the few people I liked left at WCBS. But she was part of Dianne's morning show, so she had to go. No one on that morning show is still under WCBS employ. But they keep Liz Burke?

My god. They put that idiot looking guy on, now Audrey is without a spot, which in WCBS terms means shes gone. I can't take this any more. They just need to touch one more nerve over there and I'm going to WNBC. Dana OR Cindy goes, I go. WCBS does such b.s. to such good people.

Also, I noticed that Mr. Elliott is a "weathercaster" and his bio includes no reference to a meteorological degree.

So Dave Price wasn't enough? Audrey is at least a meteorologist, and so was the entire WCBS weather team up until last week.

Personally, I always thought Audrey was a bit overrated, and out of place in New York. My opinion is that had Tito Puente (her father) not had such an influence to the latino community here in New York, she probably wouldn't have ended up on WNBC in the first place. I mean, she made like a 100 market jump, didn't she?

John Elliott was an interesting choice, but word is that he's coming to New York to be phased into the "Early Show" as well once Dave Price takes over on TPIR. Dave's expresed his interest in leaving "news" for a long time now - and TPIR is his ticket out. John Elliott coming to WCBS is the pathway over to 59&5th.

Audrey should be around on weekend evenings for a bit. She's out at the end of the contract, but then again, so is Bolaris.

Personally, I always thought Audrey was a bit overrated, and out of place in New York. My opinion is that had Tito Puente (her grandfather) not had such an influence to the latino community here in New York, she probably wouldn't have ended up on WNBC in the first place. I mean, she made like a 100 market jump, didn't she?

John Elliott was an interesting choice, but word is that he's coming to New York to be phased into the "Early Show" as well once Dave Price takes over on TPIR. Dave's expresed his interest in leaving "news" for a long time now - and TPIR is his ticket out. John Elliott coming to WCBS is the pathway over to 59&5th.

Audrey should be around on weekend evenings for a bit. She's out at the end of the contract, but then again, so is Bolaris.

Audrey is good at what she does, she's a whole lot better than Dave Price...I would hate to see her go. Btw Tito is her father.

I really don't know why some people even waste time focusing on that channel. The channel clearly has no future, and the only reason why they are even in the air in the first place is because they are the flagship. Of course KCBS is the complete opposite, they should be the new flagship station and this one should be dumped in the garbage. I just don't know why we keep wasting our time talking about a silly station that clearly has no future or anything of that sort instore for them. They do not deserve to be watched.

-Vlad

Save me.

So I missed his first two forecasts (you know, the 4:55 and 4:59 ones), but I caught his third from like 5:11 to 5:14, and oh god save me. He said "look at that, 11 minutes in and I already made my first mistake" because he went straight to the 5-day, then when returning to the desk he said "look at this, there is a little button that goes straight to the 5-day" or something like that. Brendan Keefe, who I assume is in for Maurice DuBois (I only assume because he has not been on since December 22, asked if the controller was like the Wii.

He also referred to the lights in the skyline shot as "diamonds in the sky". He does too much with his hands and moves around too much, a lot like Dave Price. And I'm not surprised thats what he's here for. They are the same person. Except he doesn't use music and dancing. They both move around a lot, and they both use their hands, and they both don't have meteorological degrees.

So today was Maurice's first day back. I only caught a few minutes of the morning show (around 5:30 for a few, again around 6 for a few, and then again around 6:20 for a few) and all the times I saw the weather, Maurice's attitude towards John was like "whatever man." He merely nodded and Kate said "thank you John" before they went to break. He never tossed it to John. Actually, John has been roughly taking it away from Kate and Maurice a lot, without them passing it.

I think Maurice and Audrey must have been friends (both at WNBC and at WCBS) and that is why he wasn't as talkative with him as he was her.

I have emailed wcbs twice in the last two weeks with no response. In todays email today I told them I was through, not gonna watch their news anymore. You would think they might at least be curious as to why I emailed. But I think they just want to lose enough viewership to justify turning off the transmitter

So today was Maurice's first day back. I only caught a few minutes of the morning show (around 5:30 for a few, again around 6 for a few, and then again around 6:20 for a few) and all the times I saw the weather, Maurice's attitude towards John was like "whatever man." He merely nodded and Kate said "thank you John" before they went to break. He never tossed it to John. Actually, John has been roughly taking it away from Kate and Maurice a lot, without them passing it.

I think Maurice and Audrey must have been friends (both at WNBC and at WCBS) and that is why he wasn't as talkative with him as he was her.

I think you're reading in to this waaay too much, qwerty.

And if there really is less chemistry, it might have to do with the fact that they're just not familiar with each other yet. This tends to happen anytime two people meet each other for the first time.

I really am disgusted that they did not renew Reid Lamberty's contract,a nd also that they have given him essentially "Invisible Man" status for the end of his contract. Someone in management must have simply had it in for him, why would you get rid of such a great talent-and OK, I will admit it, so damn HANDSOME!!! Hopefully, another local outlet will pick him up-of WCBS did not renew his contract, can they prevent him from going to another netwrok in the area?

They do not deserve to be watched.

-Vlad

Then don't watch them and don't talk about them. I like the station, but the news department sucks.

I never really did watch it and probably will not watch it ever.

-Vlad

I think you're reading in to this waaay too much, qwerty.

And if there really is less chemistry, it might have to do with the fact that they're just not familiar with each other yet. This tends to happen anytime two people meet each other for the first time.

Maybe I am, but still, it seemed like so little was going on between them. Kate jumped right into talking with him on the first day, Brendan Keefe had no problem. Maurice and Kate talked a lot of their first day. It just seemed odd. But I probably am thinking too far into it. I'll watch a couple more times to see if I still think that.

Wow... Lou Young. The poor guy... another CBS 2 great reporter (even though he has done the channel circuit).

I find it funny that he said "pity the morning anchors"

Cindy Hsu... I really can't believe this. I like what prefaced the CBS 2 thing.

Oh, and Ann Snyder is "in for Liz Burke today" over at Metro Traffic

Plus, last night it was noticeable a new producer/director was running the show. Dana sat down maybe twice, and Chris was up with her a couple times.

They are messing with veteran reporter LOU YOUNG?!?!? At this point they should just use sock puppets for the news..the lunatics are truly running the asylum. The other local stations should just open up thjeir borders as refugee centers and take these mistreated professionals in.

Archived