New York Boredom

Vlad

Well, almost the end of the year, and just nothing to talk about... It seems that most of the stations are not making any noteworthy changes. I haven't noticed anything at all from any station since Sweeps. WABC has only updated a few elements nothing significant... WNBC changed their newscasting hours and added New York Nightly News, which is old news... and WCBS really didn't do anything ever since the major graphics change and overhaul back in the Spring and the anchor swap. Fox 5, CW11 and My 9 are the same way, nothing new from them neither. Sweeps have past, and nothing new has been added to any of the New York Broadcasts. I really would like to see WNYW go HD in the future. I wonder what's keeping them from doing so...

This is kind of off topic but I always notice that WABC is always last to decorate their set for Christmas. They still did not put the flowers out yet. One year they did it a few days before Christmas Eve. However they keep the flowers out way into January which is nice.

WNBC use to decorate their old set more. They would even have garland and lights.

Well, almost the end of the year, and just nothing to talk about... It seems that most of the stations are not making any noteworthy changes. I haven't noticed anything at all from any station since Sweeps. WABC has only updated a few elements nothing significant... WNBC changed their newscasting hours and added New York Nightly News, which is old news... and WCBS really didn't do anything ever since the major graphics change and overhaul back in the Spring and the anchor swap. Fox 5, CW11 and My 9 are the same way, nothing new from them neither. Sweeps have past, and nothing new has been added to any of the New York Broadcasts. I really would like to see WNYW go HD in the future. I wonder what's keeping them from doing so...

Hey Vlad

We have between now and January 2nd to see if any station especially Channel 2 and 4 to make any on-air changes. This is like breaking news you will never know when it will happen. Since this is the holiday season the new stuff usually goes into effect after new years day. The firings usually done around this time for it to be low key.

Im also surpise FOX5 didnt go HD as of yet. I hope for next year MY9 will have a better on air presentation with new music and graphics. Cut out looking cheap.

Archived