Fox O&O Sale Confirmed (Pending FCC Approval and all...)

TV Active 3

Well yes and no....WTVT was #1 before the switch and are usually #2/3/4 (but #1 in the demos).

I think if WFLA would've switched affiliations as well, WTVT would still be #1 or a very close #2. WFLA has been #1 mostly due to the fact that they have never switched network affiliation. I think I may start a What if.. thread on questions like if the New World or Westinghouse deal never happened where would the stations in your market be today?

I don't live in St. Louis, but I hope KPLR gets ABC (and doesn't waste it!). This decade, KDNL has served as a textbook example on how NOT to be a network affiliate. Sincrap really does not care about that station. The same case could be made for Detroit's WWJ, they're even worse because it's OWNED BY THE NETWORK (CBS)!

I don't live in St. Louis, but I hope KPLR gets ABC (and doesn't waste it!). This decade, KDNL has served as a textbook example on how NOT to be a network affiliate. Sincrap really does not care about that station. The same case could be made for Detroit's WWJ, they're even worse because it's OWNED BY THE NETWORK (CBS)!

I'm surprised CBS hasn't sold WWJ/WKBD.

I'm surprised CBS hasn't sold WWJ/WKBD.

CBS knows WWJ needs them. They'd be dead otherwise (deader than they are now; CBS is seemingly trying to reinstate news on the station in the form of weather updates, which would probably be gone if someone else got their hands on the duopoly; WKBD seems to be the better off of the two despite having the weaker network).

And you should start the "What if..." thread Jerseyfla; I like that kind of stuff.

CBS knows WWJ needs them. They'd be dead otherwise (deader than they are now; CBS is seemingly trying to reinstate news on the station in the form of weather updates, which would probably be gone if someone else got their hands on the duopoly; WKBD seems to be the better off of the two despite having the weaker network).

So would WKBD do well as a CBS affiliate?

(Food for the "what if" thread, I guess.)

KTVI has been steady ratings wise. Mostly because KSDK and KMOV are cutting each other at the throat. Anyways Sinclair does not do a good job running an ABC affilate. KDNL opearates more like a CW or MY Network TV afflilate. If it wasn't for the Simpsons reruns. I would not watch KDNL at all and it is the only thing keeping the ratings from falling further.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

Archived