Which cable news net do you watch?

Guest cfif

Which cable news channel do you watch?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which cable news channel do you watch?

• CNN
    • FOX News Channel
    • MSNBC
    • Other (please specify)
    • I don't watch cable news
    • CNN Headline News (late addition)

how about O'Reily pushing an Obama staffer calling him a "son of a bitch." Things like these should not be happening.

I believe this was from when O'Reily was trying to talk to Obama, and an Obama staffer constantly and on purpose stood in front of the photog?

Show's you how professional Obama's campaign is. "Let's stand in front of the camera guy because we don't like O'Reily! :lol:"

It's FOX News Channel. Don't like it, don't watch. No one is putting a gun to your head "forcing" you to watch...

Exactly. I can't stand when people bitch and moan about what's on the tube when they have a remote control sitting right next to them for them to change the channel or turn off the TV when they see something they don't like.

I can't believe I am defending FOX, but it's their network, they can run it however they want. It's called freedom of press. If they want to put out a neocon agenda, let em. Just know that you are smart enough to see through it and choose not to watch it. Plain and simple.

It's FOX News Channel. Don't like it, don't watch. No one is putting a gun to your head "forcing" you to watch...

You're right, I don't watch it. I'm just expressing my views on a public forum. Since this is what the thread is about.

If you don't watch it, then how do you know what they air?

Larry King had a special live report on that night around 12am. When their coverage was over, I checked around, MSNBC was rebroadcasting what they aired earlier, FOX news was the only channel that still had coverage, I watched it and then I saw the reporter's report.

the only time i really watch cable news is in the morning, and then I watch "Morning Express with Robin Meade" on CNN Headline News, because shes quite hot and very welcoming to wake up too...plus the team get along great and keep you not only entertained but informed (they cover all the stories in like 10 minutes and then cover them again, which is why its morning express i guess).

the only time i really watch cable news is in the morning, and then I watch "Morning Express with Robin Meade" on CNN Headline News, because shes quite hot and very welcoming to wake up too...plus the team get along great and keep you not only entertained but informed (they cover all the stories in like 10 minutes and then cover them again, which is why its morning express i guess).

I'm with you on the Morning Express with Robin Meade! Years ago, I liked CNN's American Morning but when Bill Hemmer and Jack Cafferty left, it just wasn't the same. Plus, I'm not interested in watching a ton of interviews about how people feel about the news. I just want my news! And Robin Meade is the perfect one to deliver that news.

I'm with you on the Morning Express with Robin Meade! Years ago, I liked CNN's American Morning but when Bill Hemmer and Jack Cafferty left, it just wasn't the same. Plus, I'm not interested in watching a ton of interviews about how people feel about the news. I just want my news! And Robin Meade is the perfect one to deliver that news.

Although I'm personally a Morning Joe watcher, Morning Express definitely is the show for the actual news of the morning though, even the local news stations in my area turning into more of a love fest vs. actual content. It's just sickening in the mornings though, Fox & Friends being a jabberfest of garbage, then Kiran and John (who I like both) being unwatchable, it kind of things out the options, though I do live in the west and commonly sleep from 3 to 6 AM when these shows are usually on.

I favor a mix of Fox and MSNBC. Fox in the daytime when they don't have O'Reilly/Hannity/Greta et al, and MSNBC in primetime (I like Olbermann). I know Fox is slanted but I do like their dayside stuff, and MSNBC is the most newsy of all of them.

CNN US is unwatchable garbage. Maybe it's the eight damn video feeds for a press conference that could work with one. Maybe it's the childish political presentation that was dreamed up by a five year old. Maybe it's the constant "The best political team on television" and other over the top self-promotion. To me, it's all of it - it's a joke. Jon Klein ruined this network like he did KYW.

I know Fox is slanted but I do like their dayside stuff, and MSNBC is the most newsy of all of them..

You don't think MSNBCs Prime Time is heavily slanted? With Olbermann at top?

.....with Tucker Carlson 2 hours before him and Joe Scarborough for 3 hours in the morning?

In fairness, friend Fiffington, he *was* speaking specifically to the primetime lineup. Sure, MSNBC has some balance in other dayparts, but primetime is ridiculously to the left. (And you mention Tucker, but don't forget that Tucker is bookended by Chris Matthews.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I can't believe I am defending FOX, but it's their network, they can run it however they want. It's called freedom of press. If they want to put out a neocon agenda, let em. Just know that you are smart enough to see through it and choose not to watch it. Plain and simple.

Sadly, he makes a great point. Unlike over-the-air TV, which is regulated, Fox News, despite the reputation it has, IS a cable news network. It's main purpose, is to entertain the audience and then inform. And if it means covering the BS they cover [slanted views on Iraq, Natalie Holloway, Anna Nicole, etc] over the past decade, so be it!!!

Personally I think FOX News Channel is better at breaking news, Shepard Smith's Studio B excels at this, while CNN is better at political coverage as numerous posters have said with John King and the graphics monitors he uses. MSNBC like NBC News is the worst thing on the planet.

• 2 weeks later...

First, off let me say I am a registered Democrat with moderate political views. I watch all three cable networks. Here is my opinion on them. (Note: I am analyzing them in the order they appear on my channel lineup):

CNN seems to have the fairest coverage of the three. The only two people that are obviously biased on CNN are Lou Dobbs (to the right) and Jack Cafferty (to the left). While the others may stray a bit to the left or the right, they all tend to be around the center in their coverage. Also, CNN always seems to have breaking political coverage, whereas sometimes MSNBC has documentaries or Fox News runs something else.

MSNBC is obviously slanted to the left. They have Morning Joe in the morning, but let's not forget Joe Scarborough is not that far off the center (a bit to the right), and he has criticized Republicans when they deserved it, not to mention his cohost is to the left which balances out the show. MSNBC's daytime coverage seems to be fair and unbiased, but once 5pm Eastern rolls around, it's coverage is way way to the left. Tucker only appears occasionally as an analyst, as does Buchanan, and when they do appear they are outnumbered.

FOX NEWS is obviously slanted to the right. Fox and Friends in the morning is slanted to the right, but from 9am-4pm their coverage is similar to MSNBC's and CNN's, in the center and unbiased. From 4pm and on, most of the coverage is slanted to the right. However, I must say Brit Hume, Shep, and Greta are not that far off the center, and seem to have fair coverage. On the other hand O'Reilly is way to the right, as is Hannity. Colmes balances out Hannity, although I do agree that Hannity does seem to be more in charge. But whoever said Colmes is the closest thing they have to liberal is wrong. He is a diehard liberal (as he has said many times) and it's evident as sometimes he goes out of his way to defend extremely liberal views that quite frankly don't deserve defending. Also, he is not the only liberal that regularly appear on Fox News, there are others like Chris Kofinis and Kirsten Powers (and the guy from the Beltway Boys) among others who regularly appear at night on Fox News.

All in all, CNN is the fairest of the three. Olbermann and Matthews clearly skew MSNBC to the left, and O'Reilly and Hannity clearly skew FOX NEWS to the right. My order of preference to watch: (1) CNN, (2) FOX NEWS, (3) MSNBC (I feel MSNBC's primetime is more skewed to the left than FOX NEWS's primetime is to the right).

Quite honestly, I've stopped watching CNN because of their handling of some of the midwest flooding. They've sensationalized it to no end.

Also they really embarassed themselves couple of weeks ago one of their reporters was in Des Moines doing a live shot in Downtown along the Des Moines River and told the audience he was "standing along the Cedar River in Downtown Cedar Rapids." And guess what, so did the L3. You would think given their reputation somebody could've invested in a GPS device. Oh and what really put the topping on the whole incident was a big sign standing behind the reporter saying "Welcome to Des Moines."

I normally watch CNN International (can't get MSNBC in Australia unless its on a live online stream & don't really like Fox News,) but I also watch Sky News (Aust & UK) & BBC News/World News (online streaming.)

I would catch the last hour of The Situation Room (CNNI only simulcast the 6pmET hour with CNN US,) then CNN Today which leads into Larry King Live & Anderson Cooper 360 (10pmET hour,) but other then those programs, Sky News (Aust & UK,) BBC News/World News & a bit of Bloomberg & CNBC Plus, though I do download the Countdown vodcast & watch it when I get a chance.

Archived