WNBC Ditches Access Hollywood for fake newscast infomercial

The Observer

I was out at a restaurant and I noticed that Brian Williams and then Chuck Scarborough were on. I glanced back a few minutes later and I couldn't tell if they had switched the channel to 3 or if there was some new cable news network that suddenly popped up out of nowhere.

That's incredible. Is this a onetime thing?

NOTORIOUS NBC AFFILIATE WNBC STRIKES AGAIN!

Maybe they had technical difficulties and couldn't play back Access Hollywood?

If I am not mistaking, the master control for a couple other o&os is at 30 Rock, so if one of them was showing it, they could in theory have snagged that feed and ran local spots and promos.

If I am not mistaking' date=' the master control for a couple other o&os is at 30 Rock, so if one of them was showing it, they could in theory have snagged that feed and ran local spots and promos.[/quote']

How?

If the WNBC control is borked, how would they have mixed in local spots? Grabbing WCAU or WVIT's broadcast would have included Philly/Hartford spots and Philly/Hartford promos.

The only way around that is a ... 30 minute infomercial! You get 30 minutes with no need for local spots or promos to fix the problem.

There are backups for the ads, since that is where the real money is made!

Oh, BTW, no infomercial tonight.

You're missing the point: if they're having problems with their control, how would they have inserted these commercials into the WVIT or WCAU broadcast?

You're missing the point: if they're having problems with their control' date=' how would they have inserted these commercials into the WVIT or WCAU broadcast?[/quote']

Well actually I'm quite sure Access Hollywood is taped and I highly doubt they send masters complete with local spots. I agree with ya though. Why go through the headache when you can just run an infomercial.

Well actually I'm quite sure Access Hollywood is taped and I highly doubt they send masters complete with local spots. I agree with ya though. Why go through the headache when you can just run an infomercial.

No, no, I'm with you there. What [st]nyviewer[/st] [st]Toby[/st] The Observer was suggesting was taking Access from one of the other controls in NY -- WCAU or WVIT -- which would have had the Hartford/Philly spots mixed in.

Archived