Cindy Hsu filling in at 5

Geoffrey

Cindy is such a great talent. She should be given so much more airtime than what she's given right now. They should've given Jim Rosenfield's spot to her and not Don Dahler. I would love to see WCBS bring back the 4PM newscast with Cindy as solo anchor. Maybe with Kirstin Cole as a possible co-anchor.

I don't know if a 4pm newscast is the answer. Judge Judy has been on at 4pm for over a decade and that seems to work. She provides a pretty good lead-in for the 5pm. I don't think that needs to be messed up.

By the way, I think Wragge mentioned that Cindy (and Megan Glaros) would be doing the morning news tomorrow. That certainly is very interesting. As I said earlier, Cindy last anchored on Christmas and she was paired with Bartelstein. The two of them made one of the best anchor teams I had seen in a while. It'll be exciting to watch that again tomorrow.

I'm really glad that Cindy is being given another chance to shine.

You're right Geoffrey, Judge Judy is a powerhouse in the ratings at 4 and it goes up against another powerhouse in that time slot - Oprah. Judge Judy is the reason why CBS 2's ratings are continuing to climb at 5 and their ratings have been the highest at 5PM in years.

By the way, Cindy anchored this morning alongside Steve and they were a great team. They should put Cindy on the weekend morning or weekend evening newscast along with Steve so they can give Mary a break.

I caught the Saturday morning newscast. Cindy is like a fine wine. I noticed that over the years she has more poise, more of a presence, and she has gotten more pleasing on the eyes..There aren't many that are better than her in the Metropolitan Area.

If there are any people from WCBS viewing this topic, I hope they take our words to heart. Cindy is one of the most talented anchors I have even seen. She deserves a permanent spot as co-anchor. Any time is fine with me, as long as I can see her on television.

I agree 100% with what everyone said. Mary Calvi is horrible, Cindy Hsu is so much better. I wouldn't mind if they get rid of Dana and Don and put Steve and Cindy at noon and 6pm.

I agree with everybody on this threat. I've often said that I haven't watched WCBS since the 1996 massacre. At that time, Cindy Hsu was anchoring 2 News This Morning (Steve Doocey was her coanchor for a big 5 weeks). One of the biggest mistakes WCBS has made (and there have been plenty) is stripping Cindy Hsu of her anchor chair. Hsu is a very good and capable anchorwoman. In my opinion, she is much better than that Dana Tyler. I hope that Cindy will be recognized for her talent and ability and be given a regular anchor gig. However, sadly, I don't think that will happen.

I disagree moshewx. When I noticed that Jim was out of WCBS was on Christmas, he didn't filled in with Dana Tyler on that date. WCBS used Don Dahler and Dana Tyler. Now that Cindy filled in for Kristine instead of Dana, as much is I hate to say it but I think that Dana is on her way out of CBS 2.

I disagree moshewx. When I noticed that Jim was out of WCBS was on Christmas, he didn't filled in with Dana Tyler on that date. WCBS used Don Dahler and Dana Tyler. Now that Cindy filled in for Kristine instead of Dana, as much is I hate to say it but I think that Dana is on her way out of CBS 2.

Yes I agree, Dana is on her way out. I remembered when Roz was no longer lead anchor she didnt filled in for Dana at 11, it was Mary. Jim use to fill in for Chris but instead they use Don. Now they use Cindy to sub for Kristine instead of Dana so you know she is on her way out.

You guys might be reading a little too much into this. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Dana Tyler out at WCBS -TV (she is the reason I will never watch their newscasts until she is OUT OF THERE.) However, I don't think that she's going anywhere anytime soon. Past behavior is not indicative of future happenings, so who is and is not filling in for someone else doesn't mean she is heading out. But one can hope!

Archived