WNBC in Temp set?

DMA

Now this could be anything, but I noticed the WNBC set looked quite odd, everything was blue, there was no color in the background. I captured a desk shot. It looks like a duratran, because you can see lit panels:

eyetvsnapshot219ti6.th.jpg

It could be something like repairs or something, but it's strange.

I agree. It does look a little strange. I know that they started doing the newscasts from in front of a video screen or a chromakey wall. They could probably be making repairs to the set. I also know that WNBC is preparing to convert to a 24-hr news channel. Could this be part of the change?

Janice is in the weather center, it could be repairs, or a refresh. I'm not expecting a brand new set or anything.

Edit: Nevermind, they're still in the normal set, but the background is still. Something must have broken.

eyetvsnapshot222ws7.th.jpg

They're apparently making their newsroom similar to the NBC News Newsroom, but not the same area. I think the problem might have been an error with the playout servers for the backdrop or something.

The blue backdrop on a tight two-shot does NOT look good. From a nice wide angle it's do-able.

I'll be honest while their backdrop does look amazing. I don't like the fact that it appears they're on a barge in the East River doing a newscast.

Archived