My9 News gets new graphics

IceManNYR

What's the point of My9 News? It's just a rehash of FOX5' date=' right?[/quote']

They're pretty much a rehash, since they're both owned by the same company (News Corp.) You think these new graphics and VO could be signs of a possible switch to HD?

I think My9 News exists almost entirely because there are a lot of issues with consolidating it with WNYW due to the whole New Jersey license thing...

Does WWOR's newscast originate from WNYW's Manhattan studios, or is it still produced from Secaucus? I don't see why Fox hasn't moved the newscast to 11:00pm just like they did with KCOP, rather than continue to cannibalize WNYW's 10:00pm ratings.

Does WWOR's newscast originate from WNYW's Manhattan studios, or is it still produced from Secaucus? I don't see why Fox hasn't moved the newscast to 11:00pm just like they did with KCOP, rather than continue to cannibalize WNYW's 10:00pm ratings.

It's produced in Secaucus.

I would think once WNYW goes HD, WWOR will go HD at the same time, probably using these graphics. I noticed in the titles, in the small, glowing red letters, it says "Wake-Up News" or something.

On a second look, I see it said Wake-Up Weather, which would make sense, instead of Wake Up News, which didn't fit in with having a 10pm newscast. In light of this, I deleted the post, since it didn't make any sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Ironic they spend money on new graphics but every video they play during the news casts still have a ton of drop out hits on them.

It's like they took the old beta decks from FOX5 and sent them to My9.

FOX5 used to have the same exact problem still I'm guessing they switched to a digital format.

I find it odd none of the promos or ads played on My9 have any of those drop out lines it's just on the b-roll and taped segments of the news reports.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived