WNBC election coverage

TrfRptr

In a word: AWFUL!!!

Unbelievable how out of sync they are with the network.

At 10:59PM they're pushing the time to get back to NBC and THEY MISSED THE DROP.

It comes in full-screen graphic with Obama winning and Brian Williams in mid-sentence declaring Obama the winner.

They're "local" coverage has been terrible. Every half-hour they go to Harlem, Teaneck, NJ, Norwalk, CT and Long Island. The reporters are all saying the same thing just using different words. Unreal that I'm trying to watch NBC National coverage and getting junk from WNBC.

Also, I think it's quite funny when they report from CT: "I'm reporter XYZ in Norwalk, Connecticut...News 4 New York." Really? CT stories are news for New York? How does the CT Senate race affect anybody in New York?

Sorry this is such a rage but I cannot believe how terrible this coverage has been. This officially puts a stamp on me no longer watching WNBC for ANY news coverage.

Also, Chuck and Sue stumbling around at the desk. Yuck.

Anybody watching ABC or CBS coverage?

Well WNBC is undergoing several changes so its normal for them to not be at their strongest point... Anyway I watched ABC's coverage. They really had a solid coverage in my opinion. Switching between network and local affiliates at the top of every hour. WABC really did a great job with their coverage along with ABC News...

Also, I think it's quite funny when they report from CT: "I'm reporter XYZ in Norwalk, Connecticut...News 4 New York." Really? CT stories are news for New York? How does the CT Senate race affect anybody in New York?

Umm, last time I checked, the "New York" Channels do cover the tri-state area, which includes CT, NY, and NJ. A significant amount of viewers do come from those areas. Just like the "Philadelphia" channels cover Southern Jersey and Delaware in addition to PA, and the "DC" channels cover North Virginia, Southern Maryland, and DC.

Umm, last time I checked, the "New York" Channels do cover the tri-state area, which includes CT, NY, and NJ. A significant amount of viewers do come from those areas. Just like the "Philadelphia" channels cover Southern Jersey and Delaware in addition to PA, and the "DC" channels cover North Virginia, Southern Maryland, and DC.

Ummmmmmm, I'm aware of what they cover. I'm mocking their branding of 4 NEW YORK when they actually cover the tri-state area.

Archived