Axe falls at PIX

knightofni

I'm hetero also, but I just find it repulsive how you treat women in this forum, from Lolita's "Mexican Hat Dance", to criticizing how old Linda Church is. I don't want to get into a flame war, so let's just stop this discussion.

Sports on any local channel except for ch. 4 and ch. 7 is a waste. They don't need sports nor could they handle sports. You are lucky on any given day if Ch. 11 can give you anything more than scores of the local teams. If the Jets played on Sunday afternoon and you needed the results of a Sunday night football game to see if they made the playoffs...on Monday morning they wouldn't even mention that.

As little sports as they give you they are still better than Ch. 2's John Discepolo and his stupid sports phrases. And he has so little sports time to report now that they call it Sports In A Flash. At least when he was with Ch. 5, he would tape his morning piece the night before to make it seem like it was an actual sports report. Or maybe he slept in his clothes from the night before?

Sal retired and Friday night was supposed to be his last report, but he never showed up. (You go Sal) So Lolita from the Block had to fill in.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2008/12/22/2008-12-22_sal_marchiano_retires_after_40_yrs_on_ai-2.html

DMA,

No flame war, just get your "facts" straight. I never said anything negative a Linda Church's age. I was one who defended her and her age/looks. As for Lolita, if you heard her then you know she's doing overkill her Spanish delivery. It's lame.

Do you question the guy who cares only about newscaster's inseams too or just me?

Speaking of Spanish, am I the only one wondering why the two recent Spanish women reporters hired at WABC have to say their names with Spanish letter accents but all other words have a regular English accent?

I have not seen any other reporters on English speaking stations doing this.

No offense to any Spanish or Mexican people on the forum but it just seems a bit odd.

and if this was really a planned retirement, the station would've had someone lined up to replace him already. In my mind, lolita lopez is terrible at sports.

I don't think Lolita's that bad.....but sal's end is sad. Otis could be good at WPIX.

I notice that too on ABC. Thallia Patillo started changing her name with rolling R's. It 's funny to hear. Even funnier when the anchors saying it the correct way and the way she herself used.

It reminds me of the time NBC was looking for someone Spanish and they changed Jane Mitchell to Jane Velez. Now it's Jane Velez Mitchell, Hollweird reporter.

I notice that too on ABC. Thallia Patillo started changing her name with rolling R's. It 's funny to hear. Even funnier when the anchors saying it the correct way and the way she herself used.

It reminds me of the time NBC was looking for someone Spanish and they changed Jane Mitchell to Jane Velez. Now it's Jane Velez Mitchell, Hollweird reporter.

Thalia always over-emphasized her Latin name, even when she used to be on WPIX (just to bring this thread back to where it started).

Archived