WNBC's 24 Hour NewsChannel

Vlad

I've heard January 21st. It's not a 24/7 news channel, but it is essentially the old 4.4 service with a few extra hours of news a day...probably something like 12pm, 4pm, an extended 5pm, perhaps even a 10pm...I don't think it's going to be as big as people think.

I've heard January 21st. It's not a 24/7 news channel, but it is essentially the old 4.4 service with a few extra hours of news a day...probably something like 12pm, 4pm, an extended 5pm, perhaps even a 10pm...I don't think it's going to be as big as people think.

NBC could use a 12noon news.

I think that a 10pm wouldn't be bad as well.

NBC could use a 12noon news.

I think that a 10pm wouldn't be bad as well.

Unfortunately WABC would crush them. They did attempt to do one in the 90s though the ratings simply did not work out for them.

From Time Warner's website:

The previously scheduled renaming of Weather Plus (ch.161), slated to occur on February 21st, and its associated format changes, have been postponed until further notice.

Looks like it was axed. They essentially moved into the newsroom for nothing.

Archived