Which Network Evening Newscast Do You Love?

newswatch

Which Network Evening Newscast Do You Love?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which Network Evening Newscast Do You Love?

• CBS Evening News with Katie Couric
    • ABC World News Tonight with Charlie Gibson
    • NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams

Which of the Evening Newscasts do You Love Watching?

1) CBS Evening News With Katie Couric

2) ABC World News Tonight with Charlie Gibson

3) NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams

Even after Dan Rather and Tom Brokaw have retired, and Peter Jennings died of lung cancer,

which evening newscast do you watch, AND WHY?

When I watch the evening newscasts I watch ABC With Charlie Gibson; he seems like he's the most personable and genuine out of all 3 of them.

I strongly believe that too. By my standard of ranking, he would get 1st place and pass with flying colors, while Brian Williams of NBC ranks in last place, and (at least to me) is not worth watching.

If you would have asked me a few years ago, I would have said ABC's World News Tonight with Peter Jennings. Since he left, I've switched to the NBC Nightly News. Really you're getting very similar programs with all three, I just prefer NBC News when it comes to network material or major news events. CBS is a shell of its former self...

We used to watch CBS when I was younger with my family. But now I flip between ABC World News Tonight and NBC Nightly News. Like Dave said, CBS News is not what it used to be. I disagree with bmaster though and I would rank Charlie Gibson, then Brian Williams, and then Katie Couric in my ranking. It's still hard to get used to Katie Couric on the Evening News for me even after 3 years.

We used to watch CBS when I was younger with my family. But now I flip between ABC World News Tonight and NBC Nightly News. Like Dave said, CBS News is not what it used to be. I disagree with bmaster though and I would rank Charlie Gibson, then Brian Williams, and then Katie Couric in my ranking. It's still hard to get used to Katie Couric on the Evening News for me even after 3 years.

I seldom watch her either. Bob Schieffer should never have left the Evening News; if he had stayed, CBS would have been in a stronger second place, at least to me. Nothing against your opinion, but NBC, I strongly believe, needs work to rise out of that third-place ranking that I gave it.

I think Katie has done a pretty good job. I didn't like what she did to the Evening News when she started but it's now a very solid newscast with lots of political coverage. If you've turned her off since she debuted, you might be surprised if you give her another try.

The only thing I don't like is the huge reporter turnover in the last two years. So many of the main correspondents came from the other networks and are unknown to an audience who watched mainly CBS.

Is it just me or does NBC's new Chief White House correspondent Chuck Todd look to be very young? I've only seen him on TV with no audio (many times) so I have no idea what he sounds like... but he appears to be in his late 20's or early 30's...

Looks can be deceiving, you know.

I like ABC the best, followed by CBS. ABC is usually crisp and well done, putting things in proper context.

CBS is often the same, but I am distractingly conscious of Katie-as-anchor because of the whole Katie Katie Kontroversy. I think she could grow out of it in a few years, and place first if the content were to somehow distinguish itself from NBC and ABC. Cut the forced on-set anchor questions.

I no longer watch NBC due to Brian Williams, he talks WAY too much and the show is descending into shapeless video wallpaper. Example: Chuck Todd, may be a nice man but comes out of nowhere. BW uses news time to congratulate him on his promotion. I like John Yang from weekend show with L. Holt.

What about "None of the above"?

Here in Fairbanks, CBS News' and NBC News' competitors are "Wheel of Fortune" (KATN) and reruns of "Family Guy" (KFXF). But whenever there's a chance, I watch CBS because they're the most basic of the three (ABC and NBC are a bit too flashy).

Love is such a strong word...I don't really love any of the big 3 broadcasts. I prefer Shep Smith and the FOX Report. It's the only program on FOX News I watch' date=' with the exception of Studio B, also with Shep Smith...[/quote']

I agree...I love watching Shep and I wish that FOX would air a national news at the same time to rival the other three on ABC, CBS, and NBC.

However, I still watch NBC the most out of the big three, just because I have been watching that for a long time, and I watch KARE's news at 5:00 and 6:00. NBC NN just comes between the KARE news block, so I just don't bother to turn the channel. Finally, I am still in love with the John Williams theme on NN, and like to hear it on a regular basis.

I would vote with the FOX Report, or better yet Special Report with Brett Baird. If I was forced to vote on broadcast network newscasts, I would have to choose "None of the above." I have not consistently watched network evening news for at least the past five years.

Archived