Sue Simmons Does Sports!

qwertnyc

Sue Simmons did the sports report tonight on News 4 New York at 6. Chuck said it was her lifelong dream to anchor the sports and tonight she was getting her wishes. I am not sure where Len Berman was because there was no mention of him at all.

Well Steve Bartelstein did the sports segment during the night of the Grammy Awards on WCBS (Chris Wragge and Kristine Johnson were anchoring), if I recall correctly, Bartelstein used to do sports prior to getting the anchor gig at WABC. But Sue Simmons doing it, now that is something to see!, lol. So its not uncommon to see anchors doing sports segments.

• 3 months later...

It just dawned on me, since WNBC is cutting left and right and looking cheaper and cheaper. And the crack about Sue doing movie reviews got me thinking...

Why doesn't WNBC try and 5pm WEBCAST? Market it to iPhone, PDA, Blackberry (etc) users too. Think, they say the audience habits are changing to later hours because they are traveling home at 5PM. Well, why not give them a mobile option via a newscast.

It'd be first in the market, and since they are so focused on the web now, it only makes sense.

Sue Simmons did sports again tonight on the 6PM news. Bruce Beck was on-assignment at Citi Field, however, bad weather brought down their signal, so Sue filled in.

Have they filled the lead sports anchor position yet?

Archived