WFLD temporary set

lazynetjunkie

• 5 weeks later...

Apparently Nancy Loo has stated on her Twitter page that the new set will make its debut on May 10th. I doubt that WFLD would air in high def then (I would expect a lot more hype. They'll probably do something similar to WLS and transition into HD later.

Tonight WFLD is using some odd animated pillar bars that are slightly visible in the overscan area on several 4:3 videos. Hopefully they're not thinking about using animated pillar bars when they finally do go HD. If they did, I'm sure it would go by the wayside quickly enough since it would be so annoying.

I actually don't have a problem with animated pillarbars. I'm pretty sure the standard Fox O&O HD graphics package does have animated pillarbars, so I'd be willing to bet that the high definition transition is imminent.

The rectangle box is a small plasma screen I believe so there's a chance that the 'Fox Chicago' logo could fit without appearing too small/weird. Not surprised they kept the desk (since that is the Fox O&O standard one) and they likely incorporated other things they already had into the new set. Can't wait until Sunday to see how everything looks.

Like I said towards the beginning, as you can see, the original anchor desk was saved. The anchors' chairs from the previous set (which are currently being used in the temporary newsroom set) are also going to be reused too. The newer interview set furniture from the previous set (those red chairs with the little round coffee table) were also saved to be reused.

Well' date=' it didn't say "FOX CHICAGO", it said "FOX NEWS CHICAGO", and since it's not called that anymore it doesn't say that anymore.[/quote']

For the record, I like it this way.

The rectangle box is a small plasma screen I believe so there's a chance that the 'Fox Chicago' logo could fit without appearing too small/weird.

Not a plasma; the expense isn't necessary. Just a simple light box.

Archived