Salzberg Does Sports For Fox + WOR

Harry Houdini

Weather has already been done by Audrey on both. Except it was the same segment, on at the same time, but the only thing that was different was the throwback to the anchors. She threw it back to Ernie and Dari (that part must have been pre-recorded) on 5 and back to Branda and Harry on 9.

It's a very interesting trend in the news business to simulcast live to different stations. You know that it occurs when in a live story, there's a generic intro and throw back to the respective stations without mentioning the name. It's also funny to watch anchors race to finish their intro before the reporters starts theirs, which in many cases they don't succeed. But i do give them credit for their timing, when it does work.

My Cablevision on screen guide lists Anastos, Alexander, Gregory and Salzberg as anchors at 10 and Martin, Gregory and Salzberg at 6PM. What the heck happened to Duke Costaglione? Did Salzberg officially add the WNYW 10PM sports duties to his WWOR obligations? If he did, DAMN SHAME!

My Cablevision on screen guide lists Anastos, Alexander, Gregory and Salzberg as anchors at 10 and Martin, Gregory and Salzberg at 6PM. What the heck happened to Duke Costaglione? Did Salzberg officially add the WNYW 10PM sports duties to his WWOR obligations? If he did, DAMN SHAME!

Duke's on Good Day New York, Russ is on at 6 on FOX 5 and at 10 on FOX 5 & My 9. He does FOX 5 first in My 9's newsroom around 10:45, then My 9 in their studios at 10:50.

Tonight Mike Gilliam is doing sports on My9. Who was on FOX5 tonight?

Where's Scott Stanford can they use him to sub for Russ?

I can answer one of my own questions, Andy Adler and one of her to tight spandex type tops were doing sports on FOX5. :p

• 3 weeks later...

How comes they don't make Russ trot over to the Fox 5 studios like Harry does for the 6pm newscast? And even though Russ has been a part of 9's newscast for many years, I'm surprised WNYW (as the "older" sister station) doesn't have him on the set for their 10pm newscast and make him go to their newsroom to do sports for WWOR's newscast.

I thinks it's stupid that Duke is on in the mornings. WNYW never before had a morning sports person, and it seems like all the other stations that did have a morning sports person don't anymore (WCBS-Discepolo, WNBC-Otis). Why not just tape them like most stations do? What is there to report in the morning besides last night's news?

Duke also does the Sunday 10 pm sports, and then has his half-hour Sports show right after that.

What happens if one day Harry gets caught in traffic between Secaucus and E 67 Street? What if he misses his Fox gig? Just wonderin'.....

What happens if one day Harry gets caught in traffic between Secaucus and E 67 Street? What if he misses his Fox gig? Just wonderin'.....

Well, first, I would think that he travels by train, not by car. Second, I am sure Harry plans to arrive early enough at WNYW so that if for some reason he does get caught in traffic he has a bit of wiggle room. Plus, if for some reason he doesn't make it, Ernie and Dari are there for the 5pm, so they can easily sub at 6pm.

The real question is what happens if Harry gets caught in traffic going from WNYW to WWOR (for the 10pm)...

Well, first, I would think that he travels by train, not by car. Second, I am sure Harry plans to arrive early enough at WNYW so that if for some reason he does get caught in traffic he has a bit of wiggle room. Plus, if for some reason he doesn't make it, Ernie and Dari are there for the 5pm, so they can easily sub at 6pm.

The real question is what happens if Harry gets caught in traffic going from WNYW to WWOR (for the 10pm)...

Okay, I know NYC traffic is bad, I know I drive in it everyday...But there is a 3 1/2 hour window until he has to be at My 9 and all he has to do is hop in the lincoln tunnel and on to the turnpike and secaucus is the first exit in Jersey from the LT...

Archived