CBS Evening News Launching New Graphics

qunewsguy

Was it on Newspath?

Nope, it came down in an e-mail from Affiliate Relations.

And, at least from the sample, the music's staying the same, as is Cronkite's voiceover. I think the problem is they're trying to do everything completely within VizRT now. While it works for some networks (CNN), unless you know what you're doing it can come across as VERY cheesy.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And by the looks of this article ...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/05/13/national/main5011403.shtml?tag=main_home_webExclusive

A new website too. Not too bad. I always like classic and retro, so I think this will be pretty cool. If only WHP-TV can have full power digital strength so I can get their HD signal ...

-- Matt

Not a fan....they could have at least brought back the old music.

I honestly think the current music is great...the previous package sounded pretty wimpy.

Wow.

I never thought they'd be able to produce an open that was WORSE than the 2006 Early Show open... and yet they just did.

This looks like Baby's First Invigorator Project. The countries on the three globes look friggin' low-resolution blocky.

This look would look amateurish on a local station in market 140.

I'm really not a fan of the new look... I particularly don't like the OTS graphics. The zooming and panning still images that go in there move way too quickly and I guess they've given up on designing anything for each story now.

I think what CBS had during the election worked really well for them, in the short term. But looking in the long term, this type of look just doesn't cut it for me. These, I'm sure, will get very old quick. I would prefer much brighter colors, such as what ABC has in both studio and on air.

Graphics are not that bad, but they could use some work. The only thing that I really like about that open is Walter Cronkite's Voice Over. It gives me chills every time I hear it.

Archived