www.nbcphiladelphia.com&others..

WBREEYEWITNESSNEWS

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like the whole Facebook-like statuses under the NBC[city] logo. For example, as of this posting, on NBCChicago.com, the status is "NBC Chicago is furious about its silly mayor." While I do not live in Chicago, I was rather surprised that any news site would say such a thing about any elected official. Clicking on it shows that it's the top result from a user poll about the mayor, but seeing a biased claim of a TV station on their website (even though it's technically not their own view) just seems too unprofessional to me.

Oddly enough, I'm feeling the site. At first I didn't like it- but now I see what NBC is trying to do. They are not trying to be the best NEWS site, they just want to be a local lifestyles site. The site looks good, and it's clean.

I doubt I will be getting any breaking news from the site, haven't done so since the IBS sites. But if you want to know what concert is going on tonight- you may want to check out NBC____.COM!

I probably won't because I don't know how I feel about getting my social plans from an NBC site. :lol:

Oddly enough, I'm feeling the site. At first I didn't like it- but now I see what NBC is trying to do. They are not trying to be the best NEWS site, they just want to be a local lifestyles site. The site looks good, and it's clean.

I doubt I will be getting any breaking news from the site, haven't done so since the IBS sites. But if you want to know what concert is going on tonight- you may want to check out NBC____.COM!

I probably won't because I don't know how I feel about getting my social plans from an NBC site. :lol:

Cancelling News 4 New York at 5 makes me wonder if NBC is trying to become more CW-esque.

Last night's "status update" on NBCNewYork.com was "...is laughing at lost pilots..." or something to that effect. When you clicked on it, it brought you to a story about a pilot of a small aircraft who lost his way, flew in to the path of a Boeing 747 attempting to land and "endangered" hundreds of lives, according to the NBC New York report.

Tell me how is that something anybody should be "laughing" about??

Archived