www.nbcphiladelphia.com&others..

WBREEYEWITNESSNEWS

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The current "Featured Video" on http://nbcchicago.com is...*drumroll*

In Her Closet: Model Noot Seear

Modelinia.com

Model Noot Seear shows us her favorite party dress. Catch more Supermodel Secrets at Modelinia.com.

All of the actual news video is in a little menu below that. I think it's safe to say NBC is giving up on presenting news on their O&O sites. It's all about entertainment now.

I'm not sure it's plagiarism. NBC 10 has a content sharing agreement with the Inquirer. WCAU features Inquirer reporters on their newscasts, and the Inquirer uses Earthwatch for weather.

I'm sure this extends to the websites, although there should be a philly.com link somewhere.

I'm not sure it's plagiarism. NBC 10 has a content sharing agreement with the Inquirer. WCAU features Inquirer reporters on their newscasts, and the Inquirer uses Earthwatch for weather.

I'm sure this extends to the websites, although there should be a philly.com link somewhere.

Things like that aren't covered under their agreement. Plain and simple, 'CAU took the article and rewrote it without a nod to the original writer, Derrick Nunnally. Nunally says this isn't the first time this has happened...

This little Facebook and Twitter like "status" updates change everytime the page is loaded, its not the same everytime. If you click "refresh" it will change. Anyway who knows what direction NBC is taking with these websites, its definitely a nice lifestyles website that is very modern and up to date with the times... Its cool, not sure if its appealing to the older audience, but its definitely appealing to younger audiences.

its definitely a nice lifestyles website that is very modern and up to date with the times... Its cool, not sure if its appealing to the older audience, but its definitely appealing to younger audiences.

its definitely a nice lifestyles website that is very modern and up to date with the times...

its definitely a nice lifestyles website

Last time I checked, they were supposed to be local news websites. That's the problem here.

The aim of the sites are to be lifestyle portals, not news ones

I would prefer them to be news sites, but they're not. They've accomplished their aim, and I can't really hold that against them.

That made no sense at all. NBCU needs to really rethink this website strategy because nobody in my age group (18-34) goes to WNBC's website (or any local TV station) to know what's happening around town.

Archived