New Traffic Center

nynewslover

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eyewitness News This Morning has updayed their Traffic Center... It now has a bunch of screens behind Joe Nolan... It has an HD Camera and Joe now does the reports from the 4th level of the ABC building

Its about time, any screenshots? That probably was the only aspect of the morning broadcast inhibiting their look, lol. Did they get some new maps as well because they certainly needed better traffic maps as well, haha.

Its about time, any screenshots? That probably was the only aspect of the morning broadcast inhibiting their look, lol. Did they get some new maps as well because they certainly needed better traffic maps as well, haha.

I agree 100%. I'm interested to see the new look!

It looks MUCH better than it used to. There's some modern plexiglass wall with plasmas, it looks good, but there seems to be a front LCD projector projecting a bad control room view on the wall.

It actually looks really good, the only thing they should probably update is their maps, and add a bit more animations. The icons are good too, but they are really not that intuitive when it comes to pinpointing where exactly the incident is. Joe Nolan certainly looks a lot different in HD and much older, haha so, that is quite a change. But overall, its a very nice incremental update I like it.

It actually looks really good, the only thing they should probably update is their maps, and add a bit more animations. The icons are good too, but they are really not that intuitive when it comes to pinpointing where exactly the incident is. Joe Nolan certainly looks a lot different in HD and much older, haha so, that is quite a change. But overall, its a very nice incremental update I like it.

The maps they have now arent that old...They got them when they got there new graphics back in 2008.. so they probaly wont "update" them for a while

Yikes, that guy needs to lose weight. I'm not trying to be mean or funny. Instead updating the traffic area in where's he sitting in, maybe they should have him walk to a green screen like how WCBS or WPIX does with their traffic reporters.

Nina Pineta did her report fromt this set today i guess there gonna use it in place of sitting and reporting from the newsroom

Hmm, I wonder if this could perhaps be the beginning of a series of new changes coming to WABC...

i believe wabc will be switching studios sometime. i think they'll be using the new studio that they just got where they do news previews (Source:http://twitter.com/NYNewsWATCH) Does anyone know if this is true??

Since it's coming from the same person that claimed to be from WNBC for the longest time until WNBC put a stop to it, I wouldn't believe anything they said.

I highly doubt it... They probably just have it as a secondary flash cam location as DMA pointed out.. Though the election studio they used (which is a portion of the Regis and Kelly studio) was pretty nice, if Regis and Kelly could move elsewhere that would allow the opportunity of WABC having the necessary space to produce an impeccable studio (like the ones in LA, and a number of other locales) but of course this is something that won't happen anytime soon if it'll ever happen.

Archived