Best Graphics in Your Market

Wisco TV Watcher

Used to be WAVY, but then they dumped their GO package last March. Now, I'd have to say WVBT, though WAVY's new in-house opens/talent bumps aren't too bad, but the fullscreens and L3s look cheap.

WAVY 2004-2006 (old open/talent used until October 2006)

wavy_2005_1_%202.jpg

wavy_2004_2_%203.jpg

wavy_2004_2_%2014.jpg

wavy_2004_2_%208.jpg

wavy_2004_2_%209.jpg

wavy_2005_1_%2016.jpg

WAVY31.jpg

WAVY44.jpg

Current WVBT (2004-present, these are a purple version of WJW's GO graphics):

WVBT4.jpg

WVBT6.jpg

WVBT16.jpg

WVBT18.jpg

WVBT19.jpg

WVBTMar06_%207.jpg

WVBTMar06_%208.jpg

WVBTMar06_%2010.jpg

WVBTMar06_%2018.jpg

WVBTMar06_%2025.jpg

WGBA gets the nod, but RenderOn didn't do them too well in the bottom third department. Otherwise, I'd probably say WLUK.

Yeah, I never understood that. WGBA's opens are great, but the L3s really suck. They should have just used WTMJ's.

Overall, the graphics are pretty good in the Green Bay/Appleton market.

Here in the Davenport Market, the best graphics are by far, the new CBS 4 (WHBF). They just did an overhaul on January 29th, and I love the graphics. Listed Below is the Weather opener graphic... but if you go to their website (http://www.cbs4qc.com/)... they have their little weather Center thing on the right side..and that is what their weather graphics look like (awesome).... I still don't enjoy watching them though....they can't cover the hard-core news.

4hd5vnk.jpg

2nd is WQAD- their graphics are done by Giant Octopus.. they are basic..but I like them a lot (they were my fav up until whbf changed)

Here is their Special Report Graphic

2cpzt38.jpg

and then Their weather graphics

33xxb89.jpg

Third would be KLJB- they use the Fox O&O graphics for their coming up segments..but regular..they just use a non-animated blue red and yellow graphic

4th.. KWQC... NO animated graphics what-so-ever... (they try to.. but they don't look good) they are blue and yellow..with a shine on it...not animated at all. They are number 1 in news...so you would think they would want to make their look good..

Until WITI gets the O&O graphics, the best Milwaukee graphics belong to WTMJ, with WISN coming in a close second.

Two of the best graphics houses in the business (Hothaus and Renderon) in one market. How lucky is Milwaukee?

Until WITI gets the O&O graphics, the best Milwaukee graphics belong to WTMJ, with WISN coming in a close second.

Two of the best graphics houses in the business (Hothaus and Renderon) in one market. How lucky is Milwaukee?

All we need is WDJT to go Giant Octopus, and we're set.

/It'll never happen.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here in the UK, the best graphics belong to the BBC, followed by Channel 4 News, with Sky News, ITV News and Five News all very close together but quite a way back off the pace.

In terms of the cable and satellite channels, BBC News 24 leads followed closely by Al Jazeera English and France 24. Both have very BBC style graphics, but manage to keep their own identity. EuroNews is a little way behind, followed by CNN International, CNBC , FOX News.

The worst ones are Sky Sports News, which quite frankly looks incredibly plain and boring, and Bloomberg looks almost as bad. NDTV 24x7 looks far too samey and CCTV 9 doesn't look too good either.

Augusta

WAGT's Giant Octopus,

WRDW, a little dated but with the new music it works out

WJBF, standard Media General crap, but at least the logo doesn't crawwwwwwwlllllll across the screen

WFXG, a poor poor piece of ---- version of Raycom's prepackaged graphics

I still like the WIS' Liberty-era graphics, but we don't get it over cable anymore. Winder when Raycom will change it like they did WTOL?

Interesting, everyone seems to be from somewhere huge.

Here in the Tri-Cities, Washington (Southeast Washington):

KNDU (bland studio, but the graphics seem unique)

KVEW (seems really generic, nice backgrounds with really badly done titles)

KEPR (bad studios, bland graphics, horrible all around)

Nashville, TN

1. WTVF - Flashy new HD graphics from Giant Octopus

2. WSMV - Flashy in-house graphics, constantly tweaked during the past few months

3. WKRN - Soft, subtle in-house graphics with the rotating circle 2

4. WZTV - The generic Sincrap look just isn't that appealing for this station

Youngstown: WFMJ, I think GO made their graphics.

Yeah. I think KXAN/Austin TX had those graphics first when they adopted "The Rock" music package. Would make a fairly decent NBC O&O package, with maybe a little Hothaus fine tuning mixed in.

Archived