WNBC Weather Errors

IceManNYR

The 7 Day Forecast had Valentine's Day on Monday and Presidents Day on Tuesday.

Does Janice Huff review the maps and graphics before she goes on air?

I remember there was a similar problem one day where the current conditions kept saying rain when it was partly cloudy.

On an unrelated note Bruce Beck is not in Vancouver. Did WNBC send anyone there to report?

WNBC has new promos airing for the Olympics, have they been posted to the WNBC website?

One has Bruce Beck sitting in a bar talking sports with the bartender and another has Janice Huff in a cab talking weather with the cabbie.

The Off Duty ID sign was changed to WNBC with a 4 above it.

At least she pointed it out. Their new open is really good...if only the rest of the package was updated.

On an unrelated note Bruce Beck is not in Vancouver. Did WNBC send anyone there to report?

WNBC has new promos airing for the Olympics, have they been posted to the WNBC website?

One has Bruce Beck sitting in a bar talking sports with the bartender and another has Janice Huff in a cab talking weather with the cabbie.

The Off Duty ID sign was changed to WNBC with a 4 above it.

Here's the new open:

Promos: (No Bruce)

Chuck: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7RkpqorPaE

Sue:

Janice:

The new open is just simply amazing!! With the shots of New York at night to the WNBC logo at the end, it is definitely a step in the right direction. I hope that they get shots of New York in the morning and at dusk to use for the other newscasts' opens. Perhaps that between the excellent snowstorm coverage and the new image campaign with the new promos, maybe WNBC is beginning to turn around. If they just stay on the right track, then they will be back on their way to being number 1. Now they just have to bring back "Live at Five."

As for the promos, I especially like the spot with Sue Simmons at Grand Central Terminal as I am someone who has spent a lot of time there.

Love the intro and they also used a different scene when they came back from commercial.

Of the promos, I think the one with Sue's the best. This is a perfect opportunity for WNBC to connect with viewers and gain viewership back. If you look at WABC and WCBS, they have promos of their news team constantly airing, something WNBC has been lacking.

My god, what a breath of fresh air, WNBC is inhaling by with all of these promos and even the new open. These are all excellent, the TINY is just so innovative and very funny at the same time. And although I'm primarilly a WABC viewer, WNBC always is my second choice for news and I'm really impressed. The open is just outstanding, but I'm still gonna say that WCBS's open is the best in the market, but WNBC definitely bumps up to second place. The promos, are extra special because, I like how it shows how the anchors are in everyday life, it shows the true people behind the news face, and it delivers the important message; although they've been in the business for several years they are ordinary people and are human, just like we are. That is the main message that these promos are trying to reveal and that is truly remarkable, I like that!

This is a bit off topic, but now my second question is, why does it say "4NY News" on the local TV listings, instead of "News 4 New York"?

My god, what a breath of fresh air, WNBC is inhaling by with all of these promos and even the new open. These are all excellent, the TINY is just so innovative and very funny at the same time. And although I'm primarilly a WABC viewer, WNBC always is my second choice for news and I'm really impressed. The open is just outstanding, but I'm still gonna say that WCBS's open is the best in the market, but WNBC definitely bumps up to second place. The promos, are extra special because, I like how it shows how the anchors are in everyday life, it shows the true selves, well not in so much

This is a bit off topic, but now my second question is, why does it say "4NY News" on the local TV listings, instead of "News 4 New York"?

You are exactly right about the new promos showing their more "average person" side. I think when we see people like Chuck and Sue or Janice on TV it is a bit intimidating because they are all dressed formally and in nice studios in front of thousands of people but we forget that they are people just like us. By airing these promos, they are trying to show that.

As for "4 New York" on the listings, you know, I have always wondered that! I would like to know why too.

That TINY promo is kind of weird... What's going on there? What are they trying to say? Am I the only one who thinks of the movie Up when I see it?

I think the new open does look nice but I also think we'll get bored of it pretty quickly. Other than the text, there's very little movement in there.

You are exactly right about the new promos showing their more "average person" side. I think when we see people like Chuck and Sue or Janice on TV it is a bit intimidating because they are all dressed formally and in nice studios in front of thousands of people but we forget that they are people just like us. By airing these promos, they are trying to show that.

If they really wanted to show Sue Simmons on her more "average person" side, they should have just pulled out the video with the shots of her from the original 1992 We're 4 New York promos shaking her boobs at the camera while screaming "We're 4 New York!" lol..

(Video link:

, at the 2:45 mark.. I wonder how many takes it took to get that shot right.)

As for the new Chuck/Sue/Janice WNBC promos, these aren't just WNBC promos.. These promos have been rolling out at a number of the NBC O&O's for a couple weeks now. WMAQ has similar promos with similar lines read by the anchors here. The main difference is WMAQ's just show still shots of the anchors sitting/standing around the studio instead of them going around the city.

If they really wanted to show Sue Simmons on her more "average person" side, they should have just pulled out the video with the shots of her from the original 1992 We're 4 New York promos shaking her boobs at the camera while screaming "We're 4 New York!" lol..

(Video link:

, at the 2:45 mark.. I wonder how many takes it took to get that shot right.)

That's so funny!! :lol:

On a side note, I noticed that the new promo with Chuck Scarborough on NYNewsWATCH's YouTube account was blocked by the International Olympic Committee on the grounds of copyright because it contains content from the International Olympic Committee. What content from the Olympic Committee?

Archived