WSB new graphics

Mrtraveler01

I still can't bring myself to like the "2." Something about it screams "out of proportion." It's plainly too big. Another nit: If your mic-flag logo is so large you could use it as a hanglider, you need to restrict yourself to just the channel number.

That aside, the graphics look nice. Although, I like the G-O package.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I still can't bring myself to like the "2." Something about it screams "out of proportion." It's plainly too big. Another nit: If your mic-flag logo is so large you could use it as a hanglider, you need to restrict yourself to just the channel number.

That aside, the graphics look nice. Although, I like the G-O package.

That's cause Cox will advertise their flagship like it's a prized jewel to be treasured. I always get a good chuckle out of watching the station while in Atlanta because they seem to be over-the-top about everything. Especially, with the usage of their graphics advertising the "2" logo everywhere.

Actually, I'm surprised they've incorporated the ABC globe logo into network promo ads and into the translucent station insignia during the first few minutes of network programming prior to the appearance of the ABC network logo coming back from commercials. Especially since it displays next to the grand ole' "2" logo...

• 2 months later...

Finally. At first glance the new graphics seem a bit smaller than the previous. Especially with the font. But I love the new open though with Chopper 2 and the 3D skyline of Atlanta. Overall a nice upgrade to the previous package. Simple but stylish, Nice job.

The chopper flying off the screen looks incredibly cheesy. I would say it's a flat, still image.

[yt]_qEulOi4bWs[/yt]

There's depth to it (watch the skis). I think they just probably used a video of it moving slowly (probably taking off) and animated it across the screen.

choppera.png

Yeah that's not a picture or a model. That's definitely video.

• 1 month later...
Just a quick update...WSB has tweaked their graphics.

The bug's number "2" is now gold, although the background is still transparent. In addition, the lower thirds (L3s) are now larger.

I see they've also added the time to the temperature, which was already there, below the number "2" as well.

Just a quick update...WSB has tweaked their graphics.

The bug's number "2" is now gold, although the background is still transparent. In addition, the lower thirds (L3s) are now larger.

Smart move. The "2" looked all weird without the gold in it. But that was pretty much my only gripe with the new graphics package. So good job WSB!

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived