Changes coming to WABC?

Channel 4

When Channel7 does the Eyewitness News briefs how come they are no longer in the newsroom. They have been doing this for a couple of weeks now. In fact they no longer broadcast anything from the newsroom anymore. All of the newscast promotions are done by that small set they built back in November. Are they possibly renovating the newsroom and then building a set next to the newsroom just like Channel 4 did?

No changes coming to WABC. That small set (an extension to the weather center area) was the last big change to come to WABC. Besides serving as a nicer backdrop than the old newsroom flashcam, the new area serves as a backup set should the studio be unavailable for a long period of time, as it was a few years ago during the fire.

Am I correct that WABC has two small sets?

During GMA news breaks I notice they use one for the traffic reports and the other one with the blue circle 7 background for the news updates.

One thing a noticed is the camera used during the news updates seems to have a heavy soft filter on it even though the studio cameras don't seem to use any soft filtering.

Channel 7 will most likely have the same set for at least another year. I have heard rumors that Live with Regis and Kelly will come to an end after the 2010-2011 season. Then Channel 7 will be able to build a new set with more room.

Channel 7 will most likely have the same set for at least another year. I have heard rumors that Live with Regis and Kelly will come to an end after the 2010-2011 season. Then Channel 7 will be able to build a new set with more room.

Not if ABC has another use for that studio... Also it's likely that such a cancellation would have been announced by now...

What happened to the old Tony Danza Show Studio?

I thought one plan that was talked about was Live With Regis and Kelly moving to that studio so WABC would get their whole studio back for news.

What was the Regis and Kelly studio being used for before WABC created the morning show?

Any source on the rumors? I find it hard to believe that ABC would let Oprah and Regis/Kelly both end at the same time, as well as the rumored cancellation of the soap One Life to Live. Oprah and Regis/Kelly, while not outright ABC programs, are carried by many ABC stations, including most of the ABC O&O's and big city ABC stations. That would leave big gaping holes for ABC to fill, especially since many of their programs are already highly-rated, and because their schedules have seen minor changes over the past 15 years.

What happened to the old Tony Danza Show Studio?

I thought one plan that was talked about was Live With Regis and Kelly moving to that studio so WABC would get their whole studio back for news.

What was the Regis and Kelly studio being used for before WABC created the morning show?

These were rumors started by someone who later came on these boards adamantly claiming that WABC's update set was a virtual set.

He disappeared for a while when a source gave us pictures of the set, complete with signs saying not to touch the rear-projection screen.

He also claimed forever that Hothaus was doing WABC's new graphics, and that they were moving away from red, white, and blue graphics. This was YEARS before the red, white, and blue Giant Octopus graphics.

Not if ABC has another use for that studio... Also it's likely that such a cancellation would have been announced by now...

TV13 wouldn't be used for anything except for another WABC produced show, such as Regis and Kelly.

R&K isn't being cancelled, or ending. When Regis Philbin retires, Kelly Ripa will continue the show with another co-host. How successful that show will be remains unknown.

But, if the future Kelly Ripa hosted show is unsuccessful and in-turn does get axed, TV13 will be used for whatever WABC sees fit. It will never be used for a show produced by the network, or anyone other than WABC.

Am I correct that WABC has two small sets?

During GMA news breaks I notice they use one for the traffic reports and the other one with the blue circle 7 background for the news updates.

One thing a noticed is the camera used during the news updates seems to have a heavy soft filter on it even though the studio cameras don't seem to use any soft filtering.

There is just a small weather center area and small news desk w/ projection screen backdrop.

No plans to cancel "LIVE". That's a HUGE line in WABC's budget to take out. Regis has cutback on his schedule each season and will likely retire within the next few years. The show, however, will continue...just as it did when Kathie Lee left "Regis & Kathie Lee".

I agree with what you are all saying. I only said that Live might come to an end because I member reading on wikipedia that the show Live with Regis and Kelly has been renued only through the 2010-2011 season, but it probably means nothing. What I am confused abouth the rumors on this board in the past about Channel 7 getting a really nice big set. The only problem I have with the set they are using now is the way the daytime backdrop of the city skyline looks. It looks so dark an dull. The nightime view is nice. They should also get a new desk.

I agree with what you are all saying. I only said that Live might come to an end because I member reading on wikipedia that the show Live with Regis and Kelly has been renued only through the 2010-2011 season' date=' but it probably means nothing. What I am confused abouth the rumors on this board in the past about Channel 7 getting a really nice big set. The only problem I have with the set they are using now is the way the daytime backdrop of the city skyline looks. It looks so dark an dull. The nightime view is nice. They should also get a new desk.[/quote']

Even if it has only been renewed through next season it does not mean it won't be renewed beyond that.

Archived