Meteorologist Tammie Souza possible return to WFLD?

lazynetjunkie

It seems doubtful that there's any truth to this. Unless she's going to be the chief met, why would she want to come back?

If she did come back, it definitely would be for chief meteorologist.. There's no doubt about that. Why else would she come back unless she really misses and rather be in Chicago. lol.. Doubtful. Gotta remember, this IS the management that you say is digging deeper into a hole than reverting to the previous working format. But I wouldn't be surprised if she really did come back.

Amy Freeze has been a 50/50 with viewers.. She's either extremely loved or disliked. Half the viewers love her to death. She is very "connective" with people and she responds to email or request people send in.. There's also half in the market that think she's still too "out of market" for Chicago style weathercasting. However, I believe Amy and Tammie clashed with each other so I'm a little bit leaning towards the side of Tammie coming back to be chief meteorologist.

Why else would she come back unless she really misses and rather be in Chicago. lol.. Doubtful.

I believe a while back one of the Tampa TV columnists found out Tammie was frequently traveling to Chicago because her family still lives there.

I believe a while back one of the Tampa TV columnists found out Tammie was frequently traveling to Chicago because her family still lives there.

That's right. I remember reading that. Because when she moved down there, there was another article somewhere saying that she wasn't selling her home up here.

None of this surprises me at all. She actually prefers Chicago over Tampa. :puke: I just hope FOX replaces that obnoxious tub of lard in the morning with Tammie. I was insulted from day one when they replaced Tammie with Fat Albert. :ack: By the way, it's still not a sealed deal :(

• 2 weeks later...
She was not well liked down here and was not taken seriously by anyone, and she was never on the air due to her constant trips back to Chicago. On a side note, someone found out that she was in the movie Assault of the Killer Bimbos, which she tried quite hard to cover up on her Wikipedia page (to no avail).

(She starts at 1:08)

[yt]DcEsEgTSoeo[/yt]

So what's the point of trying to crucify Tammie for making some harmless movie? :)

That's far from crucifixion! I found it rather amusing. Consider it an anecdote and move on.

Yes it was, the OP is trying to make some kind of conspiracy out of Tammie acting in a harmless movie. He's also trying to give us the impression that Tampa is on some kind of hate trip when it comes to Tammie, yet presents no evidence at all that this is the case. Especially when it's well understood family matters is the main reason she chose to come back to Chicago.

No one said it wasn't the reason....

No conspiracy here. Just an observation....she (or someone claiming to be her) attempted to remove references to said "harmless movie" on Wikipedia. Since it is harmless then there should have been no reason to hide it!

She wasn't the one to make the attempt to remove it.. She used to be teased about it from time to time when she was on Good Day Chicago and they even showed the clip a few times. She was open about her roll on that movie. It was in all fun.

Very few down here saw her as a credible chief meteorologist. I would not doubt that if she truly were an asset to WTSP they would have done more to keep her.

Wow that's a nice bunch of assumptions you put together there without one shred of credible evidence too. While I know people here in Chicago who welcome Tammie's return. And if she really was the bad news you make her out to be, I see no reason at all why WFLD would welcome her return.

• 4 weeks later...

From the Chicago Tribune-

http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/towerticker/2011/01/tammie-souza-i-will-be-returning-to-the-airwaves-on-fox-in-chicago-very-very-soon.html

____

"Appearing to confirm what has been expected for more than a month, Tammie Souza briefly posted a note on her Facebook page Monday [yesterday] to announce she is returning to Chicago's WFLD-Ch. 32 after a little more than two years as chief meteorologist at CBS affiliate WTSP-TV in Tampa, Fla."

Makes you wonder where Amy Freeze will end up next.. None of the other stations in Chicago have any openings in the weather departments.

So WFLD's new weather line-up will Souza, Strehl, and Bellis.

Bill's farewell from ABC15 Phoenix: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/about_us/news_releases/abc15-says-goodbye-to-bill-bellis

• 3 weeks later...
Makes you wonder where Amy Freeze will end up next.. None of the other stations in Chicago have any openings in the weather departments.

So WFLD's new weather line-up will Souza, Strehl, and Bellis.

Bill's farewell from ABC15 Phoenix: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/about_us/news_releases/abc15-says-goodbye-to-bill-bellis

WDJT and WTMJ are both looking for Meteorologists! :awesome:

It's not too far of a move!

(It'd be ironic if she DID land at WDJT, almost like a reverse Tammie Souza, who went from WDJT to WMAQ, of course.)

WDJT and WTMJ are both looking for Meteorologists! :awesome:

It's not too far of a move!

(It'd be ironic if she DID land at WDJT, almost like a reverse Tammie Souza, who went from WDJT to WMAQ, of course.)

I have a feeling Amy will somehow try to go back to Philly.. However, going to Milwaukee is never a bad idea. If she wanted to return to the Chicago market in the future, it would be much easier to do so. She might not even have to move to Milwaukee if she didn't want to.. She could be Milwaukee's version of another meteorologist at WFLD who lives in a different market and drives into Chicago everyday..

I have a feeling Amy will somehow try to go back to Philly.. However, going to Milwaukee is never a bad idea. If she wanted to return to the Chicago market in the future, it would be much easier to do so. She might not even have to move to Milwaukee if she didn't want to.. She could be Milwaukee's version of another meteorologist at WFLD who lives in a different market and drives into Chicago everyday..

I'm just going to play a hunch and suggest that she'll end up like Lauren Cohn - working at WTXF. I don't know anything but I'm kind of convinced this will happen...

I HATE CAROL FOWLER!!!! How the heck does she always have a job?!?! She doesn't have a clue...

Because getting a job at most TV stations in Chicago is alot like the Chicago and Cook County politicians these same stations report about.. Qualifications mean nothing. It's all about hiring friends, drinking buddies, people you know, etc.. Just like a certain EP that just landed at another station in town. Some of the newsrooms around here are just as corrupt as city hall.

As for Freeze, Rosenthal's article states that there have been talks with Amy Freeze about a continuing role at WFLD not involving weather.. Can't be traffic since Sondra's contract was recently renewed. haha. I'm just wondering what it could be? Sports most likely maybe? She does know alot about sports and has gone to alot of games. Whatever the case, I'm guessing she still won't accept and I'm having to side with Hulkie and going to guess a transfer to FOX 29 Philly..

I'm still not convinced Bill Bellis was the right choice for Chief Meteorologist. I think they would have been better off giving Tammie that role. We'll just have to see what happens..

My guess is that they offered Bellis the Chief Met spot before they knew Tammie was interested in returning to WFLD. Otherwise, I couldn't imagine Bellis (or anyone else in his position) jumping at the chance to be the #2 or #3 weather person on a station that's in last place.

As for Fowler, she could be replaced very soon--

"All eyes in Channel 32’s news department are focused on what general manager Michael Renda may do next to help him revamp the station’s newscasts and boost ratings. That may include bringing in reinforcement from Renda’s previous place of employment, Fox-owned WTXF-Channel 29 in Philadelphia.

Sources report Renda met last week with a top news department manager at WTXF. With WFLD’s late news still mired in last place, Renda may have decided he needs a fresh set of eyes to help him execute more changes. Some in WFLD’s news department believe the WTXF news manager soon could be one of their new bosses."

-- Lewis Lazare, Chicago Sun-Times

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure why WFLD continues to dig themselves into an even deeper hole. Sirott sucks. Dumping the only bright star at the station (Amy Freeze) is a step backward. An even bigger step backward is hiring back Tammie Souza. Just watching her on the video someone posted here was unbearable. She is doing the weather tonight and yuck. Not a fan.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone saw it, but Amy Freeze's final appearance was during tonight's 9pm news. It was the crappiest good-bye ever. Nothing against Bob, but he made the send-off about him, and she said she was taking veryone with her. It served as a metaphor for the last year-and-a-half at the once-respectable WFLD!

I don't know if anyone saw it, but Amy Freeze's final appearance was during tonight's 9pm news. It was the crappiest good-bye ever. Nothing against Bob, but he made the send-off about him, and she said she was taking veryone with her. It served as a metaphor for the last year-and-a-half at the once-respectable WFLD!
Actually there would have been no goodbye if Sirott didn't mention that Amy's leaving. Amy's plan was to stay mum about it.

Archived