New Look and Logo for WCAU?

WCAUTVNBC10

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the original one as well. I was just in Philadelphia for the holidays and let me say I like what they have done to look C and it would be a crying shame for them to depart from that just yet.

Well the updates they applied were a mere fusion of the block logo look and look c and it was only to be temporary until they could get a more permanent look together. Right now their look is pretty disjointed with only some elements getting refreshed while others didn't and the weather presentation for the most part using Nobel as its primary font and the rest of the look (including elements of the weather pres) using DIN. It'll be good when they have nice clean look again.

According to Tim Furlong on twitter the new look/logo will launch after the Super Bowl. Makes perfect sense.

Super Bowl makes a hell of a lot of sense, honestly, given the big push and audience they're gonna get.

That said, I wouldn't rule out seeing something today. For almost all of the more recent graphics changes, 10 has had a habit of launching new promos and such with the new graphics a few days or even a few weeks beforehand. Given that they've clearly been given the OK to start rolling it out, and they're giving reporters new gear with the new logo, I'd expect to see the new logo showing up on air starting today.

Also, the background image of the new logo graphic they've been uploading confirms that we're getting Look F.

Watched most of NBC10 News @ 4 - no sign of the new look or logo. All of the promos I saw used the current (old?) 1995 logo, and there was no sign of the new one - not in the studio, not on mic flags, not on the reporters' apparel, etc.

But I was impressed with the quality of the newscast. It felt more interesting and informative than the last time I watched it.

Watched most of NBC10 News @ 4 - no sign of the new look or logo. All of the promos I saw used the current (old?) 1995 logo, and there was no sign of the new one - not in the studio, not on mic flags, not on the reporters' apparel, etc.

Don't worry about that. It's fairly obvious that they've been a bit more conservative this time around leading up to the launch of this new look and logo. I think they don't want a repeat of last year with the block logo fiasco. If you remember they plastered that logo EVERYWHERE they could think of only never to use the thing on a newscast. So this time around they've waited til five days before launch day to release this puppy into the wild. I'm sure you'll start seeing talent wearing the new gear soon as they just got stuff today as Tim Furlong tweeted earlier:

AklBCVtCAAEQF3s.jpg

That is thanks to parent Comcast pouring more money into the O & Os

That can be said about some of the other O&Os but 10's newscasts didn't really falter during the Jeff Zucker/John Wallace dark ages. They did a lot to work within what little resources they had to work with which is a tribute what good management the station has.

This may have happened a while ago, but I just noticed it. At some point, the metal NBC10 logo on the glass piece to the left of the set was replaced with a single NBC peacock.

Not particularly surprising, but interesting nonetheless. You can also see in those two pictures the difference between the old and new duratrans (also with the NBC10 being replaced with a peacock, although the newer one is obviously block look-inspired), which was discussed here previously. (EDIT: Aaah, the glass logo change happened at the same time, and was also mentioned here. Oh well. Maybe I should stop noticing things.)

This may have happened a while ago, but I just noticed it. At some point, the metal NBC10 logo on the glass piece to the left of the set was replaced with a single NBC peacock.

Not particularly surprising, but interesting nonetheless. You can also see in those two pictures the difference between the old and new duratrans (also with the NBC10 being replaced with a peacock, although the new one is obviously block look-inspired), which was discussed here previously. (EDIT: Aaah, the glass logo change happened at the same time, and was already discussed here. Oh well. Maybe I should just stop noticing things.)

And ironically I think you'll see simliar mods being made ahead of the launch of the new look and logo.

Just like that we have our first sighting of the new look in the form of a promo for a Super Bowl special they're doing this Sunday:

Good spot. Odd that they're featuring the old logo so prominently in that. Maybe the new one will be a later transition? Or the current one will serve as a secondary logo?

In preparation for a Super Bowl live chat event, they have also updated their CoverItLive logos. The ones they had up before were from the pac man era.

Screen%20shot%202012-02-02%20at%2011.49.41%20AM.png old

phptOXITtNBCPhilaLiveChat.jpg new

Interestingly, the new footer logo graphic specifies NBC10.com! NBC10.com does redirect to NBCPhiladelphia.com, but I haven't seen them promote the use of that domain in years.

php5GjWK6NBCPhilaLiveChatsmall.jpg

phpZfBc0NNBCPhilaLiveChatsmall.jpg

Also interesting to note that they are now (sometimes) using the new website logo on air, even with Look C. At other times the block website logo can still be seen.

Good spot. Odd that they're featuring the old logo so prominently in that. Maybe the new one will be a later transition or something? Or the current one will serve as a secondary logo?

In preparation for a Super Bowl live chat event, they have also updated their CoverItLive logos. The ones they had up there before were from the pac man era.

Screen%20shot%202012-02-02%20at%2011.49.41%20AM.png old

phptOXITtNBCPhilaLiveChat.jpg new

Interestingly, the new footer logo graphic specifies NBC10.com! NBC10.com does redirect to NBCPhiladelphia.com, but I haven't seen them promote the use of that domain in years.

php5GjWK6NBCPhilaLiveChatsmall.jpg

phpZfBc0NNBCPhilaLiveChatsmall.jpg

Whoa. Can't say I didn't see that coming though. I mean once the block logo sites were taken down I coiuld see the original domain names returning to some markets including here in Philly. It's a much welcome return

Whoa. Can't say I didn't see that coming though. I mean once the block logo sites were taken down I coiuld see the original domain names returning to some markets including here in Philly. It's a much welcome return

This is most certainly true, and it also might be correct for the other O&O webpages as well. nbc4.com still works to get to WRC's website, while wnbc.com also works for nbcnewyork.com.

Tonight, the new weather look, including the new NBC10 logo, debuted on-air on NBC10 News at 11. I haven't seen hints of the new stuff anywhere else; even the promos for tomorrow night's news used the old look. I don't have shots of it, but I guess we'll all see it tomorrow!

The NBC10.com domain was shown as part of the weather.

Archived