New Look and Logo for WCAU?

WCAUTVNBC10

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No new look today... however as of just now the "This" promos have started to air. Not surprising given how WCAU has been with new looks - they like to tease them.

I actually really like these promos. They're not generic as some of the stuff on the other O&Os, because they seem to be made by people who really know the area. Troc and Blue Horizon are two quintessentially Philly places that get overlooked and are featured here, and yes, parking *is* an olympic sport as Hairston pointed out.

I don't know if these are new or not, but their promos for the 11:00 tonight seem to be using some of the "nonstop" style graphics, but paired with the NBC10 logo and a weird "light beam" in the lower third that doesn't match the minimalist look of the whole blue-rectangles thing.

990430880_Screenshot2011-02-03at10_43_42PM.jpg.0a7472ed32108f9b103c9c306ac07c0b.jpg

I don't know if these are new or not, but their promos for the 11:00 tonight seem to be using some of the "nonstop" style graphics, but paired with the NBC10 logo and a weird "light beam" in the lower third that doesn't match the minimalist look of the whole blue-rectangles thing.

They've been using that look since january last year. That's from NBC's more colorful look.

I'm watching WCAU - they're definitely not doing this gradually, there may be a few station promos with the new logo, but everything I've seen in the last little bit has been very NBC10 (or 10NBC, if you believe the logo). The change feels very much like the WPVI transition, with new elements popping up in odd places before it all comes together eventually.

EDIT: Just saw the first NBC 10 Philadelphia elements, about a half an hour after tuning into the channel. The only things I saw were already mentioned in this thread - the local TV chef competition and the traffic center. Also, didn't the traffic center have something weird before? It had like an NBC peacock network logo without the NBC10 logo, or something like that.

I'm watching WCAU - they're definitely not doing this gradually, there may be a few station promos with the new logo, but everything I've seen in the last little bit has been very NBC10 (or 10NBC, if you believe the logo). The change feels very much like the WPVI transition, with new elements popping up in odd places before it all comes together eventually.

EDIT: Just saw the first NBC 10 Philadelphia elements, about a half an hour after tuning into the channel. The only things I saw were already mentioned in this thread - the local TV chef competition and the traffic center. Also, didn't the traffic center have something weird before? It had like an NBC peacock network logo without the NBC10 logo, or something like that.

The new traffic center debuted in November and already had the new logo. What you were thinking about is the old one that dates back to at least '01 and yeah that had just the peacock and a sign for the old nbc10.com.

Now with the exception of the current look (because they were going HD of course that calls for a big reveal), WCAU likes to start making the transition to new looks about a week before they're set to debut and it's usually through promos. I know you've seen other promos with the old logo in it but they've been running for a while now. This one was just released today (first time I've seen it at least).

The new traffic center debuted in November and already had the new logo. What you were thinking about is the old one that dates back to at least '01 and yeah that had just the peacock and a sign for the old nbc10.com.

Got it - I haven't watched a full NBC 10 News in a while, so I just hadn't noticed. Forgive me for being so behind ;)

Now with the exception of the current look (because they were going HD of course that calls for a big reveal), WCAU likes to start making the transition to new looks about a week before they're set to debut and it's usually through promos. I know you've seen other promos with the old logo in it but they've been running for a while now. This one was just released today (first time I've seen it at least).

Cool - so you're thinking at least another week, as opposed to this Monday? Or in the next few days because of the "This Is" campaign?

Got it - I haven't watched a full NBC 10 News in a while, so I just hadn't noticed. Forgive me for being so behind ;)

Cool - so you're thinking at least another week, as opposed to this Monday? Or in the next few days because of the "This Is" campaign?

I'm thinking this Monday. Check out the station this weekend you may or may not see hints of the new stuff. There's always a segment fee plug that bares the new look that appears a night or two before the launch.

Archived