Do YOU want to be CBS 2's new traffic reporter?

lazynetjunkie

They've been promoting their Traffic Tryouts lately. You can apply at traffictryouts.com. This isn't for a one day "just for fun" gig, this is for the ACTUAL job with an initial pay of $25,000 for the first 3 months and a salary of $100,000 a year if they decide to keep you. Are you up for it? haha.. Go to: http://www.traffictryouts.com

I just saw the report...I actually was hoping that it was a joke.

As the old saying goes: "1 step forward, (CBS) 2 steps back!"

It may actually work because I know they are actually looking at people's backgrounds for this one and are looking more for people who are looking for this line of work.. And really, it can't be any worse than Bruce Wolf doing traffic. Plus, with the salary being offered, they are saving some money.

I give them credit thinking outside the box.

Sounds like a pretty good idea. I may have to watch when they start the on-air tryout part of the competition.

The station is doing a damn good job promoting the hell out of this. I like the TV promo and how the Walter E. Smith music was incorporated into it. Heck, they're the ones that are pretty much paying the salary of whoever wins this.

I've only seen a couple YouTube videos. However, I heard the station already has a few applicants but not as much as they've expected. The thing I (and people at the station) worry about are the "weirdos"/"creepies" that would be applying just to be near Megan or Susan.. There are already a few "creepies" out there that have their YouTube videos tributing Megan Glaros and I'm sure some things that hit the CBS 2 mailroom too..

One thing I was glad to see on CBS 2 this morning on the 11AM newscast was the return of fill-in meteorologist Rick DiMaio. I think he's a perfect fit at CBS 2 and he made the right choice to go back to being their fill-in call. I heard he was a little too shocked by how much his old station has changed (being empty along with all the changes) so he felt more at home at WBBM.

I'd pitch my hat into the wring if I lived in Chicago. I'm out of market, so I'm ineligible. I do have 3 years of university television reporting behind me.

It's certainly not the worst idea to come out of a station's marketing department.

One thing I was glad to see on CBS 2 this morning on the 11AM newscast was the return of fill-in meteorologist Rick DiMaio. I think he's a perfect fit at CBS 2 and he made the right choice to go back to being their fill-in call. I heard he was a little too shocked by how much his old station has changed (being empty along with all the changes) so he felt more at home at WBBM.

Good to hear Rick is back at WBBM (a credible and stable work environment). Surprised WFLD couldn't find a role for him, then again, they're not too bright over there.

Here in Philadelphia, John Ogden won a contest and ended up doing traffic at NBC10 for five years before deciding to leave in 2008.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/NBC-10s-John-Ogden-Drives-Off-Into-the-Sunset.html

And in an incredible coincidence, I've also posted a good bit of the newscast where he wins it. (It also contains a report on the Amy Freeze diet, and their early version of the Novocom graphics.)

[yt]wu3n7kaGlgM[/yt]

Whoever is CBS 2's new traffic reporter is going to be also gets new traffic graphics. I noticed this morning they debuted new traffic map graphics which are a big upgrade from what they've been using the past few years.

I also noticed they have Walter E. Smith plastered on the corner now so my guesses are they also paid for the upgrade/new graphics in addition to the salary..

Archived