WFAA Victory Plaza Studio

DFW11anchorman

The new WFAA Victory Plaza studio will soon debut.

picture2ig4.png

picture3ft7.png

1203whiterock.jpg

This new area will play a big part in next Sunday's White Rock Marathon. Spectators can watch WFAA's live coverage of the marathon on the huge high definition LED video screens. The winners will then be interviewed in the new Belo broadcast center.

Here's some info: http://www.wfaa.com/victory/

They'll continue to broadcast from their Young St. studio which includes the new set. The Victory Plaza studio is just another separate studio. Possibly used in the morning? I'm not sure.

KFWD's Southwest Kia Sportstalk will broadcast from the new studio as well as GMT.

• 2 weeks later...

News 8 at 5 just showed a preview of the new Victory Plaza studio--very cool. I'm sure video will be posted online soon. It looks to me like they'll be doing a lot more than just GMT and Southwest Kia Sportstalk. There's a full newsdesk (which appears to be a replica of the current desk), weather center, traffic center, and interview area. It's set to open next month.

That place looks like heaven compared to the studios around here...

Oh, come on! Are you telling me that this isn't beautiful?

wisn-tv-st.jpg

LOL!

A bit of history... the WISN studios were built on the site of the Frederick Pabst mansion's carriage house back in the '50's. In fact, the studios were built around the carriage house (which was built around Milwaukee's original 19th century Wells Fargo stagecoach station) The portion visible in the photo is from the building addition added on in the early '80's.

Think WISN's is bad? Take a look at WVEC and WTKR...

229559322_c762e8ae85.jpg

WVEC's building doesn't look bad at all. Much better that some of the studios in Green Bay

wluk-st.jpg

wfrv-st.jpg

WFRV's building is actually pretty nice inside, but leaves something to be desired on the outside.

WGBA has an ugly steel building (it looks like a warehouse), but I couldn't find any photos of it.

A bit of history... the WISN studios were built on the site of the Frederick Pabst mansion's carriage house back in the '50's. In fact, the studios were built around the carriage house (which was built around Milwaukee's original 19th century Wells Fargo stagecoach station) The portion visible in the photo is from the building addition added on in the early '80's.

Wow! I never knew that. Thanks for the info. :)

The WQAD building is pretty big, it has got 3 levels to it, and 2 studios, and 5 sets, NewsChannel 8 at 6:30, NewsChannel 8 5,6,10,Good Morning Quad Cities, Weather Center, 8 On Your Side Call for Action Center, Jim King Studio (MDA Telethon is held for WQAD)

The WQAD building is pretty big, it has got 3 levels to it, and 2 studios, and 5 sets, NewsChannel 8 at 6:30, NewsChannel 8 5,6,10,Good Morning Quad Cities, Weather Center, 8 On Your Side Call for Action Center, Jim King Studio (MDA Telethon is held for WQAD)

yea, it is VERY nice on the inside..although I cannot stand the look on the outside

(on the right side of the building, they have an outdoor set..mainly used for the weather segments (They add a desk out when it is snowing, and do coverage from there)

I can tell that WFRV loves their CBS affiliation. They've got it plastered all over their satellite dishes!

After WFRV switched affiliations from ABC to CBS (after they were purchased by CBS), they wiped out all traces of their former network. Meanwhile, over at the WBAY Building, the CBS logo is still all over the place, even in their lobby!

BTW: I love to drive past the WFRV building and see "Eyewitness News" on that dish over to the left. On the sign on the front of the building (which is hard to see) it still says "WFRV-TV Channel 5".

• 2 weeks later...

Archived