Personalities who have Changed Names

Ntropolis

I noticed that WITN recently got a new anchor to replace Anna Holoman, Christine Kennedy, who must have changed her name from Christine D'Antonio, which she used at WBOY. Not sure why... maybe she got married while at WBOY and decided to use her married name after moving to WITN.

wboy0706_24.jpg

Any others out there who have changed names?

There's...

WAVY's Kerri Mattson changed her name on-air to Kerri Furey after getting married.

When WAVY's Christy Carlo left for "Imus in the Morning" in 2000, she started using "Musumeci," her real last name.

WLOS's Mike Cuevas used to be Mike Simon at WTKR, 'TKR didn't want him to use Cuevas while there.

WIS's Dawndy Mercer went by Dawn Mercer on-air but started going by her real first name, Dawndy, in 2005.

In regards to Christine D'Antonio from WBOY and now as Christine Kennedy on WITN, as a resident of Clarksburg WV, which probably has the largest Italian population in the state of WV, she may have used the D'Antonio name to be regarded more as a "hometown girl"..... maybe a station decision..... Who knows???? Just a theory. On another note regarding Christine..... watch out WITN...... she talks constantly with her hands, which was a major pet peeve of mine. You will always see her hands flying up over the L3's and will soon see them in full view if the screen is clear.... Not that it's a sterotypical Italian thing or anything.

You will always see her hands flying up over the L3's and will soon see them in full view if the screen is clear.... Not that it's a sterotypical Italian thing or anything.

Don't worry, WITN's L3s should be big enough to cover them...

WITN_122806_5.jpg

KTTV's Jillian Warry-Barberie-Reynolds (chronological order, Warry is her birth name used until 1995, when she married baseball's Bret Barberie)

KTTV's Rick Dickert was known as Rick Henry for a time.

Former KXAS Meteorologist - Mike Simon (THEN)

Now WLOS Chief Meteorologist - Mike Cuevas (NOW)

Former KTBS/KTVT/WCBS Meteorologist - Janine D'Adamo (THEN)

Now WINK Meteorologist - Janine Albert (NOW)

Current KLTV News Anchor - Gillian Kirk (THEN) Gillian Sheridan (NOW)

Most news personalities dont use their real last name... that helps prevent calls etc...

This thread really isn't about real last names, but changing their names after moving to another market/station (or even in the same market/at the same station).

Of course, Larry Kane's birthname is Lawrence Kanowitz. Bill Beutel's name is really pronounced BOY-tle, but someone at ABC told him that BEW-tel sounded better on-air. John Roberts of CBS and now CNN used to be JD Roberts at CityTV. Marv Albert's birthname is Marvin Philip Aufrichtig. That's all I can think of at the moment

I can think of a couple obscure ones. Lew Choate, a sometimes anchor on WTHR years ago, became Luke Choate when he moved to WSBT in South Bend. And as I learned right here on TVNT, Gary Jackson of WTHI in Terre Haute a long time ago became Gary Dean when he moved to the Carolinas. jim

WFTS/WFTV - Martie Tucker to Martie Salt (after moving to WFTV)

Salt is her maiden name which she went by in Orlando when she worked at WESH then WFTV before following News Director Bob Jordan to WFTS in Tampa when they launched their news department after becoming an ABC affiliate via the New World/Fox deal of 1994. She changed her name to her married name of Martie Tucker, I guess to get a fresh start as the main female anchor there. In 2003, after not coming to terms with a new contract at WFTS she was lured back to WFTV by Bob Jordan after Jordan came back to run the news department, since many Orlando viewers knew her as Martie Salt she decided to come back under her maiden name.

Phil Blower - Phil Blauer KFMB

Christina Russo - Chrissy Russo XETV

Zonie Bade KSAZ - Kathleen Bade KFMB....cant tell which is real name.

Kuu'Aloha Taylor - Aloha Taylor XETV

Shelley Harrell (Former XETV) - Shelley Roupas (Former KFMB)

Gordon Gary - Pre KNBC - Gordon Tokumatsu KNBC (Tokumatsu comes from his mother's side)

Phil Blower - Phil Blauer KFMB

Christina Russo - Chrissy Russo XETV

Zonie Bade KSAZ - Kathleen Bade KFMB

Kuu'Aloha Taylor - Aloha Taylor XETV

Is that her real name, I thought that she was being reffered to as a "zonie" for short of Arizonan, and I did not know Phil was a Blower, wow. Weird.

Most news personalities dont use their real last name... that helps prevent calls etc...

This thread really isn't about real last names, but changing their names after moving to another market/station (or even in the same market/at the same station).

Ew who died and made you topic Nazi?

E.D. Hill used to be known as Edith Tarbox at WHDH.

And Edye Tarbox at WPXI!

You will always see her hands flying up over the L3's and will soon see them in full view if the screen is clear.... Not that it's a sterotypical Italian thing or anything.

Don't worry, WITN's L3s should be big enough to cover them...

WITN_122806_5.jpg

It's big, it's transparent (possible problem?), and it looks like it hasn't changed in the last ten years.

Oh the horror!

E.D. Hill used to be known as Edith Tarbox at WHDH.

Also, appearently, her children are Wikipedia vandals. Acoording to Wikipedia.

And that would explain all these vandalism problems I've had to put up with lately?

Dennis Woltering current anchor at WWL used Dennis Wolters when he worked at WWL in the late 70s -early 80s. I read somewhere that management at the time was afraid people wouldn't be able to pronounce his last name.

matt.

Archived