Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

Another NewsActive3 upload; this is the December 4, 1970 ABC Evening News (Howard K. Smith's on vacation; leaving Frank Reynolds anchoring solo on this - the last newscast before he was pushed aside in favor of Harry Reasoner on the ABC anchor desk; not to return until the 1978 premiere of the World News Tonight format)

Note his surprisingly ornery farewell speech beginning at the 25:27 mark.

• Like 1

The open to KOIN's NewsCenter 6 from September 13, 1995 (shortly before they got new graphics and Stravinsky)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=rl4bG3ez-JQ;m=17;s=12

A unique promo for WABC's Eyewitness News from 1986:

A full 6pm newscast from KSDK from August 20, 1998:

At long last the KOIN Prime News open is shown on YouTube again!

Oh yeah, I forgot that the late great kwvtads (why hasn't he tried a comeback?) uploaded an intro from this peroid way back when.

I'm still trying to find the Broadcast News-era open, it was in a NewsActive3 compilation a long time ago but I haven't found it since.

• Like 1

A special hour-long edition of the NBC Nightly News devoted to Sadat's historic visit to Israel and anchored by Chancellor, Brinkley, and Savitch, 1977:

KNBC, Los Angeles; 11 p.m., 1973 (the final broadcast of the year):

• Like 3

I'm still trying to find the Broadcast News-era open, it was in a NewsActive3 compilation a long time ago but I haven't found it since.

Ask and ye shall receive at 26:45.

They also (apparently) had another open possibly during 1993/94, basically with Broadcast News but with the 1994 “6”:

• Like 4

The Today Show moves to a new set, 1990:

Loved the old apartment set - so well lit and warm - made the guests look great. One of my favorite sets of all time for news. Wasn't a fan of the new one. Just plain dark.

• Like 3

Loved the old apartment set - so well lit and warm - made the guests look great. One of my favorite sets of all time for news. Wasn't a fan of the new one. Just plain dark.

Until the current Windows on the world set, opening a bright new era for Today.

• Like 1