Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

In fact, cause she appears at 4:11, I’ll mention that Sue Nigra is currently working at a program in Johnstown, NY called Transitions, which is a “college experience” program for people with disabilities. I’ll be visiting that program this coming weekend for a possible opportunity after I graduate high school.

During her anchoring days, Sue Nigra was a huge deal as she was seen as the Next Big Thing and her departure from WTEN to WRGB in 1998 led to her suing Young Broadcasting as they tried to block her from leaving. WRGB put her on a pedestal, hiring her husband* and having her host the local wraparounds for the 2002-03 syndication bomb "Life Stories" among others. Her departure in 2006 was seen as a bit of a shock though seeing how Liz Bishop won't retire may have been for the best.

* Fun fact: She met him working at WNYT; she was an intern, he a camera operator. He has since gone into nonprofit management and was back in the news when the health clinic he runs had an Ebola false alarm a few years back.

• Like 7

Question for you. During Channel 4 era as CBS affiliate. I read that Channels 4 & 5 were neck & neck in the ratings while Channel 8 was the top dog. Did Channel 4 do well in the ratings as CBS affiliate? Do you know what the ratings were before the big CBS/FOX switch? Channel 11 they were an Indy outlet, and did they well as an Indy?

KVUE 1989 block

KDNL 1998 promo "THE fastest growing news is St. Louis" do you buy that?

As for KDNL;

Maybe they got a bump up in the ratings from 1997 to 1998. Maybe they went from a 1.5 to a 2.3. It called growth. Who knows?

However, give them credit their product wasn't bad. Even the look was polish. Too bad they couldn't have build off of that.

As for KDNL;

Maybe they got a bump up in the ratings from 1997 to 1998. Maybe they went from a 1.5 to a 2.3. It called growth. Who knows?

However, give them credit their product wasn't bad. Even the look was polish. Too bad they couldn't have build off of that.

Yea. Blame it on Sinclair.

• Like 1