WABC 7 Abuse!

SuitSnob

My GOD!!!!! Jeff Smith has done every weathercast since Eyewitness News This Morning on Saturday! Did the 11 o' clock news last night, then was doing a remote broadcast from Jersey this morning, then did the 6pm broadcast and I assume the 11 browadcast tonight...when does the guy sleep? Is WABC that hard up for staff members? And don't they have a union to protect from such a schedule?

My GOD!!!!! Jeff Smith has done every weathercast since Eyewitness News This Morning on Saturday! Did the 11 o' clock news last night, then was doing a remote broadcast from Jersey this morning, then did the 6pm broadcast and I assume the 11 browadcast tonight...when does the guy sleep? Is WABC that hard up for staff members? And don't they have a union to protect from such a schedule?

And what do you think happened before WABC began having 4 full-time weather forecasters? Lee Goldberg was the weekend AM and PM meteorologist for years.

9AM and 6PM is a huge gap. And yes he just did the 11PM broadcast as well. Again 9AM and 6PM is a huge difference, so he probably goes home after the 9AM broadcast and then returns at like 5:00PM for the 6 and 11PM broadcasts.

-Vlad

Adequate staff???? You don't think having 4 meteorologists is enough??? People take off, this happens. IKt would be a different story if every weekend was like this. As many have posted already, Goldberg did this as a regular schedule! It is really not a big deal.

Adequate staff???? You don't think having 4 meteorologists is enough??? People take off, this happens. IKt would be a different story if every weekend was like this. As many have posted already, Goldberg did this as a regular schedule! It is really not a big deal.

It's the second weekend in a row they have done it.

It is no big deal. Every weekend meteorologist has done it at some point.

Audrey, Marshall, Allen, Goldberg etc.

For some, that is their job- the entire weekend shift mornings and nights. Whether they get turn around pay depends on what they are under contract for. If they are just supposed to be in for the 6 & 11pm, then they get turn around pay for 6am on Sunday. If their job is weekend meteorologist, hopefully, they worked out a worthwhile $$$ deal initially.

The gap in between affords plenty of time for 'life'.

Given that Jeff is new to the station, it's also a good way to acquaint the viewers with him. I know now that I've seen him do weekend evenings I'd tune in to his weekend morning weathercasts - he's certainly more watchable than most of his competitors at that same time. Young and a bit stiff, but certainly more watchable, esp. after last weekend's "wardrobe malfunction"

Given that Jeff is new to the station, it's also a good way to acquaint the viewers with him. I know now that I've seen him do weekend evenings I'd tune in to his weekend morning weathercasts - he's certainly more watchable than most of his competitors at that same time. Young and a bit stiff, but certainly more watchable, esp. after last weekend's "wardrobe malfunction"

Actually, Telly I got a screen cap of Andre Hepkins also showing his "Huge Talent" in his nice, light grey suitpants. Do I dare post it here?

• 3 weeks later...

And now finally, we have a SCREEN CAP of him in the suit once again showing off the goods!!!

jeffsmithballs.jpg

You can worship me later Telly, after you are done worshiping Jeff...I LOVE that suit on him too!!!

Speaking of which, Jeff Smith seems to have picked up a couple of new suits...looking better, not Lee Goldberg-level (who is?) but definately better.

Garth Kemp over here in LA at KABC has done this many times over the years both on weekends and weekdays. 5-7, 11, 4, 5, 6, 11- he's done it all in one day before. I believe it was Marc Brown that actually mentioned it over the air one day (you would think that he would restrain himself since it makes the station look shorthanded).

Well, I was a bit disappointed over the weekend - while Jeff wore jeans, he also wore a Channel 7 windbreaker below the waist, and the camera ops kept him in medium shot - no long shots at all. BUMMER.....

Listen boys -

Just want to tell you that the people at WABC do read this board, and when they noticed the "admiration" amongst some of you of Jeff Smith and his wardrobe, they starting having him "cover up"..... It was actually quite the discussion the other day.

Listen boys -

Just want to tell you that the people at WABC do read this board, and when they noticed the "admiration" amongst some of you of Jeff Smith and his wardrobe, they starting having him "cover up"..... It was actually quite the discussion the other day.

Well, that's hilarious. I say "if you got it, flaunt it!"

Listen boys -

Well, that's hilarious. I say "if you got it, flaunt it!"

while this might be true in "real life" - this is television news we're talking about - and it's not CW11 morning news or Fox5 at any time. lol. WABC prides itself in professionalism, and when word is out that people are talking about their talent's "bulge" - well, needless to say, changes were made.

Archived