Chris Wragge

Geoff150

he's been doing the early show for the last month... he was in all last week and the paper said he'll be in all next week too... I got no problem with him.. no worse than anyone else at CBS

I agree i think he did a good job. He has come a long way since he forst sat in the anchor chair. I also think the Early Show with its more fluffy style is more his strong suit than straight hard news. As long as they keep him away from Kristine he looks much better.

I would put Wragge with a veteran anchor like Cindy Hsu. Someone like her would make him a stronger anchor.

Good idea... please lets ditch Kristine and bring Cindy back to her former stomping grounds of noon and 5pm.

We've been so critical on Chris, but I completely forgot about Hannah Storm making the same transition from Sports to News that he did.

Chris is pretty good on the Early Show.

• 1 month later...

Wragge co-hosted the Saturday Early Show again this past Saturday and I think they said at the end he was in again next weekend.... I know not many see it, but did anyone happen to see Wragge?... He was pretty good in my estimation, but that show needs help. Is Channel 2 gonna let him keep doing this and the Early Show?

I don't know what will happen, he might get the spot, like Bill Weir on Sunday/Saturday GMA. And yes, Peter should really fire Friend and Johnson and bring back Cindy to Noon/5PM.

I saw Wragge on the Saturday Early Show this week and thought he did a great job. He has great chemistry with Tracy Smith. I agree that he has come a long way since he started in the anchor chair. He is much better at noon solo than he is with Kristine Johnson at 5, so I also agree that they should drop Kristine! Cindy Hsu deserves to get her old slots of Noon and 5 back, and I think she and Chris might actually make a great pair and would be a great secondary team to Dana and Jim.

I saw Wragge on the Saturday Early Show this week and thought he did a great job. He has great chemistry with Tracy Smith. I agree that he has come a long way since he started in the anchor chair. He is much better at noon solo than he is with Kristine Johnson at 5, so I also agree that they should drop Kristine! Cindy Hsu deserves to get her old slots of Noon and 5 back, and I think she and Chris might actually make a great pair and would be a great secondary team to Dana and Jim.

Amen brother!

he filled in for russ mitchell on the early show again today... they are using him alot. Ch 2 had him on the air all day as well with all thier special reports on the terror arrests.

he filled in for russ mitchell on the early show again today... they are using him alot. Ch 2 had him on the air all day as well with all thier special reports on the terror arrests.

He's not filling in for Russ Mitchell. Russ left and works on the weekday Early Show. I somehow suspect that these might tryouts for a permanent replacement

Oops i just noticed the date of your post, and yeah if its the week day version he's filling in.

I am watching now and I think he is doing a good job - he seems comfortable in the relaxed Saturday morning atmosphere. And Ira Joe is on also!

Maybe he will be the next co-anchor alongside Maggie Rodriguez on the Sat Early Show

Sean Hennessey?.. please, the only thing that makes him look good is the boob sitting next to him. I have never seen anyone quite as stiff at Garcia in a morning setting. Wragge did well again today, watched the second hour of the show, looks like CBS likes him, they've been using him enough. Is this good for CH 2?

No, it would be bad for CBS 2, as they are promoting a lot Chris & Kristine. I hope somebody else than Sean Hennesey gets the Noon/5PM slot, somebody like Brendan Keefe. And dump Kristine, she is itchy bitchy

He would still be able to do both his weekday work at Channel 2 and the Saturday Early Show.

I believe Tracy Smith still works down in Dallas during the week, so Chris could very easily do both

Archived