Michelle Marsh and her WNBC Contract

BruceS8852

So many people are so quick to jump on WCBS (rightfully so in most cases), yet nobody wants to touch WNBC and the great people they have lost because of cheapness.

Michele March, Felicia Taylor, and let's not forget Jane Hansen who were all excellent female anchors. But for some reason (I love her too) everyone just gets so hung up and fascinated with Roz Abrams. WCBS is the station everyone loves to hate.

I loved Michele- i don't think that when she was paired with Chuck it was her best run, but she is a proven broadcaster. Perhaps she has retired from TV? There has been really no word on her since she left in 2003.

So many people are so quick to jump on WCBS (rightfully so in most cases), yet nobody wants to touch WNBC and the great people they have lost because of cheapness.

Michele March, Felicia Taylor, and let's not forget Jane Hansen who were all excellent female anchors. But for some reason (I love her too) everyone just gets so hung up and fascinated with Roz Abrams. WCBS is the station everyone loves to hate.

We can't blame WNBC for NBC budget cuts, but we can blame WCBS's management team.

Michelle Marsh had left WNBC in 2003 after budget cuts, no word on when she will return on Television, or where she will be heading next.

Actually, she didn't leave. She was taken off the air and either bought out or paid through the end of her contract when she balked at being reassigned to a smaller role at the station.

Or could it be that they watned to replace her with somebody younger? They did this in 1991 when they replaced Pat Harper with Dawn Fratangelo, who was considerably younger. And look who they replaced Marsh with, a younger Lynda Baquero.

I remember the incident where the camera came back to her after a story and we saw her fixing her hair for a while. Was that one of the reasons why they wanted to demote her/fire her?

No. They wanted someone who was younger and who they could pay less money to.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived