Newscasts streamed online

PhillyWatch

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

WISH, WRTV, and WTHR only stream if there's a breaking news story mostly pertaining to the colts, or a major snow event is going on. They actually streamed today with the 15 year old boy, shooting two deputies,and himself.

WSVN streams all their casts. in commercials you watch their chopper flying over traffic accidents - interesting.

This was posted on the first page by me.

with additional info from me.

KCOY streams all of their newscasts. Though, there seems to be a problem if you watch their 5pm newscasts and later. If you watch the 5pm newscast, the connection disconnects at 5:25pm (7:25pm Central time)

That sucks.

You don't get that if you watch their Morning or Noon newscasts.

WAAY-TV All Broadcasts (Taped)

KSEE-TV All Broadcasts (Taped)

WALB-TV All Broadcasts

NJN- Some Broadcasts live (most taped)

WHYY-TV All Broadcasts

WDEL-AM A taped video news update

WAGM-TV 6PM Newscast (Taped) M-F

KMIR-TV 6PM Newscast (taped 1st segment)

KHQ-TV (Taped first segment)

KREM-TV (sometimes live) mostly taped first segment

KTUU-TV (taped newscasts)

KHSL-TV (taped 6:30PM newscast)

• 3 weeks later...

WCAV and company in Charlottesville was touched on already, but its competitor, WVIR, also streams all its newscasts live online.

WRAL streams all of its newscasts live as well, and the most recent newscast is made available on demand between the live newscasts. All streams/archives end before sports begins, but they also leave in the blacked-out commercial set before sports. I don't really see the point of that. One final note: I can't get their WMV live stream to work with Firefox, though I can watch their FLV archives with it.

Don't forget WKYT 27 in Lexington, Kentucky. They stream all of their newscasts. I recently saw a little of their 6pm news online and they modified their set a little and they started airing news in HD.

Wow...a Gray Television station, the same group that owns the infamous WITN, is airing in HD? I wonder when neighboring WSAZ will begin the HD treatment considering it's supposed to be another one of the company's coveted stations.

KTUU also streams their newscasts, but it would be better if they edit out the commercials!!!!! I mean, they're seen online around the world, and nobody from Hot Coffee, Mississippi (actual town, btw) or some other hick town ain't gonna make the long trip to Anchorage for a McKinley Mac -- Big Mac but with Quarter Pounder patties -- at McDonald's!

Only the 5:00 Report and Late Edition are available, but no Newshour (yet).

Jonathan Allen

KTUU also streams their newscasts, but it would be better if they edit out the commercials!!!!! I mean, they're seen online around the world, and nobody from Hot Coffee, Mississippi (actual town, btw) or some other hick town ain't gonna make the long trip to Anchorage for a McKinley Mac -- Big Mac but with Quarter Pounder patties -- at McDonald's!

Jonathan Allen

lol I dunno a McKinley Mac sounds good while pounding the treadmill. 8)

Jonathan Allen

if you would like to come in and edit out the commercials for us go right ahead, because we have enough things to deal with. since its not live you can just as easily skip the commercials.

Just this week, and sorry it's already friday, Fox 9 KMSP in MInneapolis is broadcasting "on the road" and streaming the newscast on the air (but you can only watch it live, not later) you see them talk through commercials and packages.

today only, 5-6 central time (myfox9.com)

the only thing is, its kind of boring cause they focus on whatever suburb they are in. It's still interesting though, to see their behind the scenes stuff.

• 7 months later...

Archived