WNWO's new logo

Viper550

So it looks like Toledo's NBC 24 is joining the "drop your channel number and just use your callsigns only" bandwagon and re-branding as just WNWO.

But the new logo, if this is the new logo, is probably one of the most laziest things I have ever seen

HYyOb.jpg

You've got to be kidding me.

Sadly No. That is their new logo. Started using it in July as part of a complete rebranding of the station. :ack: Also, they switched to 16:9 widescreen on Monday along with new graphics and music

It's a shame. This was their last good logo:

WNWO-TV_2000.gif

I like the callsign branding trend, but you've got to do it better than WNWO. What's the point of only using your call letters if they're going to be barely visible in the logo?

To be fair, that was a Television by Design package. Back when TVbD was a good design house. (Compare with the Ackerley station logos — also, the type choices give it away, particularly the use of Meta and Bank Gothic.)

So it looks like Toledo's NBC 24 is joining the "drop your channel number and just use your callsigns only" bandwagon and re-branding as just WNWO.

But the new logo, if this is the new logo, is probably one of the most laziest things I have ever seen

HYyOb.jpg

You've got to be kidding me.

Half-a$$ed bum job if I ever knew one... and the new graphics don't make it any more or less pleasant.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ON9CbET0_ng

As for the website...is it asking much just for a simple [call letter].com job?

I stumbled across the design reel for WNWO's new look recently on Vimeo... I'll be damned if I can find it again. The entire look was done by one freelance guy from a small-market station in Illinois. Not sure how he got picked to do a new look for WNWO, but it's definitely NOT news-y.

• 2 months later...

Archived