Unveiling of WABC-TV's New Set / Studio

Vlad

Looked like they were either doing rehearsals or shooting promos this afternoon around 1:00... Bill, Liz, Lee and Rob were at the desk and a photographer was walking around with a camera on his shoulder.

I would guess the delay has to do with this also. Who wants to debut a new set only to run promos with talent sitting at the old desk?

Glad to see Ch. 7 is taking it's time to do this right and not rushing it.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didnt we mention talent opens are making a return? The delays could very well be for the shooting of talent opens for the new set... And who knows, new music too...

But then wouldn't they have taken all of this into account from the beginning? I am sure they didn't wait till the 11th hour and then just decide to do this. We were told they were debuting this past Monday, but I am sure they didn't just decide Monday morning to do promos and other things. The set was already there the week before and they were probably doing this stuff that week.

Since it is supposed to watch this weekend..does anyone know which newscast they will launch it on? There are football games all day on ABC this Saturday and they have Eyewitness News airing at 7.. if games go into overtime the news wont air because there is another game at 8:00..that said I dont think they are planning to launch it Saturday Night..so is there a chance it will launch Saturday Morning or will they wait till Sunday?

But then wouldn't they have taken all of this into account from the beginning? I am sure they didn't wait till the 11th hour and then just decide to do this. We were told they were debuting this past Monday, but I am sure they didn't just decide Monday morning to do promos and other things. The set was already there the week before and they were probably doing this stuff that week.

Exactly what I'm thinking...

I don't think that's a Clickspring set. The main news desk is too garish and there's not enough aluminum. If I had to guess, it looks like one of the new FX Group sets like what KPIX just built. Seeing that WABC also has GO graphics, it would make sense.

you think it will be then? as opposed to one of the morning shows?

Yeah I doubt it will be the morning show because if I remember correctly, the current studio which they are in right now debuted during an evening broadcast, the 6PM I believe on a Saturday back in January 2004. I remember they dismanteled their old studio (1996 - 2003) and had it placed in the Regis and Kelly portion of the set, while the current set was rebuilt from the ground up.

At this point its only a matter of time before we see significant changes at WABC. The set looks awesome there is still much more to the set than the pictures we've seen above its gonna look much better on TV. I guess the countdown can now begin :).

At this point its only a matter of time before we see significant changes at WABC. The set looks awesome there is still much more to the set than the pictures we've seen above its gonna look much better on TV. I guess the countdown can now begin :).

Let's hope all the changes are good and they remember whats important to stay #1

Let's hope all the changes are good and they remember whats important to stay #1

Couldn't agree with you more on that one. Remember what they have RIGHT NOW is working well for WABC so they didn't even have to go ahead and do this, but to keep everything current its a step into the right direction. Especially considering that all of the other stations are now following Suit, first WABC, next in line is WCBS and then WNBC. So big changes are in the near future for the Big 3.

I feel like Devlin wouldn't have pushed them on multipanel displays. I think the WABC set would look much better with one large monitor, not 10 or so combined into one. That seems very 1995 to me.

A agree the background and the desk front might be better with one large screen instead of using many monitors with the boarder lines between them showing.

It reminds of CNN's Situation room where they have those multiple monitors with the boarders.

I guess we will have to wait for tonight to see how good those screens appear on TV.

Archived